Windows 10: Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

Discus and support Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Mine downloaded in two pieces, first was 140mb then the rest about 29 mins later. Check your C: $windows-BT folder. These are Windows 10 PCs, right? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kyhi, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

These are Windows 10 PCs, right? I don't find $windows-BT in Windows 8.1.

Wynona, Jul 27, 2015
  2. CalBear37 Win User

Install.esd 2.695 GB added to $Windows.~BT/Sources at 11:42 PM on 7/27 Several other files were added to other folders around the same time. This was on my 1-month old Dell XPS8700 running Win 8.1 (of course). No similar files were downloaded to my old XPS8100 running Win 7 that is up to date on all updates.

CalBear37, Jul 27, 2015
  3. dskiller Win User
    Im feeling jealous here.

It hasnt downloaded anything for me.

edit:

lol

after I typed this. it started downloading.

dskiller, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Frank1 Win User

Frank1, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Mine is a windows 8.1 PC - not Insider

6. I logged into Windows Insider login and had the Welcome Back. Upon checking the folder, I am sitting at just roughly 400kb.

BlauUmlaut, Jul 27, 2015
  7. Thomas Win User
    My setup is W7 64 Pro and the $windows-BT is on C: drive. I don't know if W8 does it.

Thomas, Jul 27, 2015
  8. wase4711 Win User

on my wife's win 7 machine, that folder is almost 5 gigs now, and downloading stuff like crazy...in chicago area..

wase4711, Jul 27, 2015
  9. Mine recently started downloading

For me I walked away from pc for 15 mins, when I came back the folder had been created and files downloaded, nothing happened while I was using my pc this morning

paulsalter, Jul 27, 2015
  10. Thomas Win User
    Maybe it needed some idle time.

Thomas, Jul 27, 2015
  11. Really1 Win User
    It looks like Something downloaded for me but I don't think it's still downloading. I checked for new updates and for some stage reason I saw Intel MEI. Then it was gone and it said Windows 10 Pro failed. I think I'll just sit back and wait. lol

Really1, Jul 27, 2015
  12. Hopefully I end up receiving the downloads soon. If not, I will be disappointed. *cry

BlauUmlaut, Jul 27, 2015
  13. Joanne Win User

Well, I think it has finished! *Smile

Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded [​IMG]

Joanne, Jul 27, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    Thank you, Paul! So far, I don't have the folder on Lappy 17 and I'm using the desktop with Windows 10.

Guess I need to boot into Windows 8.1 on the desktop too.

Wynona, Jul 27, 2015
  15. Beaupeep Win User
    Size difference in 10240 ISO created from Insider ESD and today's Windows Update ESD file (the so called real RTM) - the older ISO is 3.73 GB and the current so called RTM ISO is 3.02

Beaupeep, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded - Similar Threads - Woke Found Win10

2. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...: I don’t know how to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-netflix-and-its-saying-i/93dfe450-77dc-4340-8b81-5a6010e7cf39
  3. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...: I don’t know how to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-netflix-and-its-saying-i/93dfe450-77dc-4340-8b81-5a6010e7cf39
  4. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software

Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software: Hey guys - I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During the upgrade process, I get stuck on the below screen and cannot proceed. Acronis 2012 was installed and was removed. I ran the Acronis cleanup tool. I further manually searched the registry and...
  6. Woke up to a missing D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Woke up to a missing D Drive: I keep my files on a D Drive Internal Hard Drive on a Dell Desktop I woke to have the entire drive either deleted or missing Under Disk Management it DOES NOT show up I DONOT have a restore point unfortunately Please walk me through steps to get this back...
  7. Upgrade to Win10 Pro after windows re-install. Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Win10 Pro after windows re-install. Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key...: Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key from MS Store and but activation will not change from Home to Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-win10-pro-after-windows-re-install/84dcd848-bceb-416a-9edc-e39c05130917"
  8. Woke up to BSOD, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Woke up to BSOD, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: I hardly doubt it's how much memory I have. My laptop has 64G of RAM. I haven't installed any new drivers recently, that I know of (thanks Microsoft). I did notice there is an app crashing (mouse and headset app) almost daily in the reliability report, but hasn't caused a...
  9. woke up to no boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    woke up to no boot: thursday night I put my pc in sleep mode fri morn I come back and find the bios screen displaying. I tried rebooting, and no go. It didn't identify the right hard disk. So I repaired the boot with macrium reflect recovery disk. I booted to windows, and after five minutes,...
  10. Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files

Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files: Hi all, Early August the Win10 upgrade files downloaded automatically on my laptop running Win 7 Ultimate 64bits. I was willing to make sure that the upgrade would succeed so I would only install a pretty stable and mature version of Win10. I therefore have 2 questions:...