Windows 10: Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

Discus and support Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thank you, Paul! So far, I don't have the folder on Lappy 17 and I'm using the desktop with Windows 10. Guess I need to boot into Windows 8.1 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kyhi, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

You're Welcome

Just spoken to a friend, non insiders, and theirs is downloading also

Not sure how MS are prioritising this

paulsalter, Jul 27, 2015
  2. Beaupeep Win User

Size difference in 10240 ISO created from the Insider ESD and today's Windows Update 10240 ESD file (the so called real RTM) - the older ISO is 3.73 GB and the today's so called RTM ISO is 3.02 GB

The PC downloaded all the files but failed to upgrade (WU logs). I did not receive any prompt to inform me an upgrade was in progress,

Beaupeep, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Thomas Win User
    I installed over a clean W7. The only programs installed were Mother Board apps required for setup. I read something yesterday that there was around 1GB of Day One updates that would be applied after install. Win update showed that I had 2 updates to install, Intel ME and Samsung, both failed and disappeared. W10 must be gathering up Drivers and such for updates.

Thomas, Jul 27, 2015
  4. wase4711 Win User

Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

interesting; on my wife's win 7 machine, its 6.31 GB in size, 17,305 files, 3,575 folders..

wase4711, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    Betcha what they're doing is getting the non-Insiders ready so that when the Insiders are done, the "nons" get to start.

Wynona, Jul 27, 2015
  6. fireberd Win User
    Checked my Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit install and the folder is there with 10240.

Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded [​IMG]

fireberd, Jul 27, 2015
  7. Joanne Win User
    I do not mind about the different sizes of that folder neither about the Upgrade. Just curious I am to see the procedure. What I am really waiting for is the official ISO from Microsoft, to perform a clean installation. Only after a clean installation I will start using Windows 10 as my main OS (like I used Win 7 so far).

Joanne, Jul 27, 2015
  8. dmac Win User

No signs of it downloading onto my Windows 8.1 install yet. Checked my reservation and it says I'm good to go.

9. Is it the 29th in New Zealand and Australia?
    Edit I was asking at the time of posting if it was already "The Big Day" in the Pacific Ocean, China, Russia and so on.*Cool

Indianatone, Jul 27, 2015
  10. The actual upgrade to Windows 10 won't happen until tomorrow, the 29th. That's the official release date.

alphanumeric, Jul 27, 2015
  11. just gone midnight in Oz (East Coast), 2am in NZ

paulsalter, Jul 27, 2015
  12. I'm an Insider, download appears to be all done on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC and in progress on my 8.1 laptop. You need to be booted into the OS your upgrading from so the get Windows 10 App can do the download. If your dual booting and booted into Windows 10, nothings going to download for the other OS.

13. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

Has anyone tried turning their clock ahead? Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded :)

alkaufmann, Jul 27, 2015
  14. You may have to do the upgrade first to get the ISO, and a product code to use for the clean install.

15. sgage Win User
    Mine finished at 3.32 GB (Windows 7 Home Premium). I rebooted, it was 5.9 GB! Not sure what that was all about...

sgage, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded - Similar Threads - Woke Found Win10

2. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...: I don’t know how to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-netflix-and-its-saying-i/93dfe450-77dc-4340-8b81-5a6010e7cf39
  3. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...: I don’t know how to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-netflix-and-its-saying-i/93dfe450-77dc-4340-8b81-5a6010e7cf39
  4. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software

Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software: Hey guys - I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During the upgrade process, I get stuck on the below screen and cannot proceed. Acronis 2012 was installed and was removed. I ran the Acronis cleanup tool. I further manually searched the registry and...
  6. Woke up to a missing D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Woke up to a missing D Drive: I keep my files on a D Drive Internal Hard Drive on a Dell Desktop I woke to have the entire drive either deleted or missing Under Disk Management it DOES NOT show up I DONOT have a restore point unfortunately Please walk me through steps to get this back...
  7. Upgrade to Win10 Pro after windows re-install. Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Win10 Pro after windows re-install. Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key...: Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key from MS Store and but activation will not change from Home to Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-win10-pro-after-windows-re-install/84dcd848-bceb-416a-9edc-e39c05130917"
  8. Woke up to BSOD, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Woke up to BSOD, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: I hardly doubt it's how much memory I have. My laptop has 64G of RAM. I haven't installed any new drivers recently, that I know of (thanks Microsoft). I did notice there is an app crashing (mouse and headset app) almost daily in the reliability report, but hasn't caused a...
  9. woke up to no boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    woke up to no boot: thursday night I put my pc in sleep mode fri morn I come back and find the bios screen displaying. I tried rebooting, and no go. It didn't identify the right hard disk. So I repaired the boot with macrium reflect recovery disk. I booted to windows, and after five minutes,...
  10. Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files

Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files: Hi all, Early August the Win10 upgrade files downloaded automatically on my laptop running Win 7 Ultimate 64bits. I was willing to make sure that the upgrade would succeed so I would only install a pretty stable and mature version of Win10. I therefore have 2 questions:...