Windows 10: Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

Discus and support Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm an Insider, download appears to be all done on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC and in progress on my 8.1 laptop. You need to be booted into the OS your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kyhi, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

Yeah, I know, Alpha. However, I shut down, thinking to boot into Windows 8.1 when Desktop did the update thing! Lots and lots of new stuff (took awhile) it seems. So I had to do that and then check things out. Looks like the Windows 10 partition is doing something too. *Smile

Wynona, Jul 27, 2015

2. I'm guessing there is more too it than that. If you thought of trying that, so did Microsoft. *Wink

alphanumeric, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Wynona Win User
    Yeah, seems as how they're one step ahead of most of us most of the time. *Smile

Wynona, Jul 27, 2015
  4. sgage Win User

I believe that it is building install.esd in a temporary location. Keep checking, and you will suddenly see that it's over 3 GB. Mine did the exact same thing.

sgage, Jul 27, 2015
  5. By being an insider, were you meaning, those running Windows 10 versus those running 7 or 8.1? I have no Windows~BT folder on my Windows 10 PC. I wasn't really expecting to find one. I think that will just be one small patch delivered tomorrow to start things rolling. I'm not expecting a whole new 3 plus gig download if already running 10240.

6. sgage Win User
    Don't worry - it's streaming in to a temporary location. Check your net activity/modem lights... *Party

sgage, Jul 27, 2015
  7. bagavan Win User
    No network activity.*Sad

can anyone guide as to how to start the download?

bagavan, Jul 27, 2015
  8. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

have a look in
    c:\windows\softwaredistribution\downloads
    then a folder with todays date on it

my $windows folder is only 140, but the above has a temp file which is currently 2.7GB and growing

paulsalter, Jul 27, 2015
  9. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded [​IMG]

Above is the screenshot. In that screenshot, it says an update has failed.

Does anyone know why?

Jesse Williams, Jul 27, 2015
  10. Look at your update history to see which update failed.

11. bagavan Win User
    Have a look.

Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded [​IMG]

My $ window size is 4.5 MB.

What can I do?

bagavan, Jul 27, 2015
  12. check in the folder starting de7, todays date at 7:26am

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded - Similar Threads - Woke Found Win10

2. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...: I don’t know how to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-netflix-and-its-saying-i/93dfe450-77dc-4340-8b81-5a6010e7cf39
  3. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...: I don’t know how to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-netflix-and-its-saying-i/93dfe450-77dc-4340-8b81-5a6010e7cf39
  4. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software

Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software: Hey guys - I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During the upgrade process, I get stuck on the below screen and cannot proceed. Acronis 2012 was installed and was removed. I ran the Acronis cleanup tool. I further manually searched the registry and...
  6. Woke up to a missing D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Woke up to a missing D Drive: I keep my files on a D Drive Internal Hard Drive on a Dell Desktop I woke to have the entire drive either deleted or missing Under Disk Management it DOES NOT show up I DONOT have a restore point unfortunately Please walk me through steps to get this back...
  7. Upgrade to Win10 Pro after windows re-install. Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Win10 Pro after windows re-install. Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key...: Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key from MS Store and but activation will not change from Home to Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-win10-pro-after-windows-re-install/84dcd848-bceb-416a-9edc-e39c05130917"
  8. Woke up to BSOD, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Woke up to BSOD, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: I hardly doubt it's how much memory I have. My laptop has 64G of RAM. I haven't installed any new drivers recently, that I know of (thanks Microsoft). I did notice there is an app crashing (mouse and headset app) almost daily in the reliability report, but hasn't caused a...
  9. woke up to no boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    woke up to no boot: thursday night I put my pc in sleep mode fri morn I come back and find the bios screen displaying. I tried rebooting, and no go. It didn't identify the right hard disk. So I repaired the boot with macrium reflect recovery disk. I booted to windows, and after five minutes,...
  10. Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files

Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files: Hi all, Early August the Win10 upgrade files downloaded automatically on my laptop running Win 7 Ultimate 64bits. I was willing to make sure that the upgrade would succeed so I would only install a pretty stable and mature version of Win10. I therefore have 2 questions:...