Windows 10: Woke up to a non-responsive PC, and then a BSOD. I don't know what to do. Hoping someone...

Discus and support Woke up to a non-responsive PC, and then a BSOD. I don't know what to do. Hoping someone... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Kind of panicking right now. My PC worked perfectly fine yesterday. I barely even used it. I didn't download anything, nor did I go to any sketchy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SquaredCircle84, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Woke up to a non-responsive PC, and then a BSOD. I don't know what to do. Hoping someone...

Kind of panicking right now.

My PC worked perfectly fine yesterday. I barely even used it. I didn't download anything, nor did I go to any sketchy websites.

This morning, I tried moving the mouse to wake up the screen and nothing happened. I didn't think too much of it, so I held the power button to turn the computer off. When I turned it back on, I was greeted with this BSOD.

Windows restarted on its own, and said something about automatically repairing. That was about 20 minutes ago, and I was stuck on this screen for a while.

As I was typing that last sentence out, the screen finally changed to this.

I'm a novice at best when it comes to these kinds of computer issues. Am I completely screwed here? I don't have a Windows 10 DVD or USB, and I've read I might need those for the troubleshooting. If I use my laptop, is there some recovery tool I can download onto a USB?

And, yes, I will be dusting my screen off when this is over.

submitted by /u/SquaredCircle84
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SquaredCircle84, Mar 7, 2021

2. Non response

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow
    I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 7, 2021
  3. 24 214 Win User
    non responsive

my page keeps freezing and says non responsive ,need suggestions what to do

24 214, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Woke up to a non-responsive PC, and then a BSOD. I don't know what to do. Hoping someone...

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Woke up to a non-responsive PC, and then a BSOD. I don't know what to do. Hoping someone...

1. Woke up to a non-responsive PC, and then a BSOD. I don't know what to do. Hoping someone... - Similar Threads - Woke non responsive

2. I don't know what to do anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't know what to do anymore: Hi, yesterday everything was slightly okay until I turned on my laptop to see that I need to activate my Windows 10??? The laptop came with Windows 10 but not with the Windows 10 disc so I have no ways of reactivating the key. Please OH PLEASE HELP ME.This command doesn't...
  3. I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know what to do: I messed around with the registry once I upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro following the instructions of some youtube video WITHOUT BACKING UP. Basically it was just setting some values to 0 so that microsoft doesn't track my activity and overall make my computer faster....
  4. I don't know what to do at this point

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't know what to do at this point: [ATTACH] I can't deal with this anymore. I don't know what I could use to solve this problem. The gamebar, search, the movies and tv app, all have this problem. If you don't know, I have this problem where the processes freak out. As you can see, it says weather, yet it's on...
  5. Frequent BSOD's. Don't know what to do.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD's. Don't know what to do.: For the past month or so I've been getting daily BSOD's. Sometimes my PC just reboots without there being a blue screen. These are the BSOD I usually get: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE I've tried: sfc /scannow...
  6. Getting BSoD everyday. Don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSoD everyday. Don't know what to do: Hi, This has been happening since the day I got my computer and installed windows 10 on it - the computer crashes with BSoD on a daily basis, sometimes twice a day, each time with a different kind of an error. The most common error codes I get are: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,...
  7. BSOD's lately. Don't know what's up.

BSOD's lately. Don't know what's up.: So basically, I've had every error I can think of lately. IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL, KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, etc etc. Most of them from WinDBG show me that its a kernal issue, so I've been trying to fix it on my own. Nothing helped so I've come here....
  8. Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do

Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9auO41B2g&feature=youtu.be Hey here's a video that shows what's going on. I tried updating what could be updated, I tried replugging both my mouse and keyboard, even tried switching to a different mouse, but the problem still comes back. I...
  9. I don't know what to do anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't know what to do anymore: Basically I hate windows 10 and wanted to go back to windows 7, sadly windows doesn't want to cooperate with me. I want a clean install so all my files and settings would get removed and/or reset which is totally fine. Sadly windows 10 does not like me, I've been stuck at...
  10. Sometimes I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes I don't know what to do: One of my colleagues can't open .pst file. She is using MS Outlook 2013. Only yesterday hers .pst file was fine. 92750