Windows 10: Woke up to blue boot screen. Clicking continue just returns here. Trying to reset, this is...

Discus and support Woke up to blue boot screen. Clicking continue just returns here. Trying to reset, this is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/punkminkis [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/punkminkis, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Woke up to blue boot screen. Clicking continue just returns here. Trying to reset, this is...

/u/punkminkis, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue screen error

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting a Blue Screen error on your computer. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete Blue Screen error message you receive?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to boot the computer to desktop?

I would suggest you to unplug all the external devices from the computer except mouse and keyboard and try to boot the computer.

If you are unable to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you toBoot your PC in Safe Mode: Try booting the PC to safe mode and check if it is still crashing. Refer the article
    Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

In case, the PC is working fine in Safe Mode then you may try performing Clean Boot and see if the PC boots normally. Refer the article
    How
    to perform a clean boot in Windows

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

Note: Please refer the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

If the PC crashes after performing clean boot, I suggest you to perform hardware clean boot while in Safe Mode and check if that helps.

Hardware clean boot:

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and disable the devices is Device Manager:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Now, expand Display adapters,
      Printers
      , Sound, video and game controllers one by one.
    4. Right click on the devices inside the section and click on
      Disable device.
    5. If asked for restart click on restart later and disable all the devices.
    6. Close the device manager window and restart the computer.

You may also refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

However, as Thagstrom has suggested, please share the dump files with us to get to the root cause of the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Woke up to blue boot screen. Clicking continue just returns here. Trying to reset, this is...

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Woke up to blue boot screen. Clicking continue just returns here. Trying to reset, this is...

1. Woke up to blue boot screen. Clicking continue just returns here. Trying to reset, this is... - Similar Threads - Woke blue boot

2. My issue is with mutliple blue screen where it resets. Here are the last two Blue Screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My issue is with mutliple blue screen where it resets. Here are the last two Blue Screen...: Once or twice a day the system blue screens and provides minidumps. Its not clear in Event Viewer what is actually causing these issues. Those files for Application and System are also attached with links to Dropbox. Thank you.1/7/2024 9:52:03 AM Fault bucket , type 0 Event...
  3. im in big trouble i just woke up and saw this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    im in big trouble i just woke up and saw this: there is the problem how can i solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/im-in-big-trouble-i-just-woke-up-and-saw-this/ec27340e-cc01-4a80-8eba-a1f4b3e537cc
  4. PC was reset now when booting up pulls up motherboard then blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC was reset now when booting up pulls up motherboard then blue screen: Had to reset my pc but now when I start it up it starts it's normal process then blue screen bad system config stop code and I cant load into my bios boot menu. Need help!...
  5. Continuous blue screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Continuous blue screens: Right, so I've been getting many blue screens of death out of nowhere. Error codes being "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Seemingly driver "ntoskrnl.exe" is causing these, but I got no idea what to do to fix it. I've...
  6. Blue Screen - Continuous

Blue Screen - Continuous: I have an unusual problem with a PC that was working fine and had no changes except W10 updates. The system started to 'blue screen' relatively intermittently and over the course of a week is now 'blue screen' nearly continuously. The 'stop code' was 'an unspecified error...
  7. Continuous blue screen of death

Continuous blue screen of death: So I purchased a Microsoft Geo book about 4 weeks back - lasted 2 days and had to be replaced after showing multiple error messages. After being issued a replacement - that lasted just shy of a week. Able to start up & log on, however nothings accessible, nothing happens upon...
  8. blue screen continuous loop

blue screen continuous loop: My window 10 hp elitebook woke from sleep and rebooted on its on but ended up in a continuous loop of rebooting in blue screen error. It gives the "stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". And "What failed: WUDFRd.sys" How can I get this issue resolved quick? I need...
  9. "Click here to continue" just deletes the notification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Click here to continue" just deletes the notification: Using Windows 10. Whenever a new notification of an update shows up on the right side of the screen and carries with it advice to "click here to continue", clicking there does nothing more than delete the notification. I would have thought that it would initiate the update....
  10. woke up to no boot

woke up to no boot: thursday night I put my pc in sleep mode fri morn I come back and find the bios screen displaying. I tried rebooting, and no go. It didn't identify the right hard disk. So I repaired the boot with macrium reflect recovery disk. I booted to windows, and after five minutes,...