Windows 10: woke up to no boot

Discus and support woke up to no boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; thursday night I put my pc in sleep mode fri morn I come back and find the bios screen displaying. I tried rebooting, and no go. It didn't identify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shmu26, Mar 4, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

woke up to no boot

thursday night I put my pc in sleep mode
    fri morn I come back and find the bios screen displaying.
    I tried rebooting, and no go. It didn't identify the right hard disk.
    So I repaired the boot with macrium reflect recovery disk.
    I booted to windows, and after five minutes, I get a BSOD complaining of the failure of a critical file. It was unable to create a log.
    I restored my system from a macrium reflect system image, and so far so good.
    But what happened??
    normally I would blame it on the electricity flickering on and off, but my pc is powered through a UPS, so a flaky electricity supply shouldn't be an issue.

:)

shmu26, Mar 4, 2016

2. phone woke me up at 02:10am for no good reason

It's quarter past two in the morning. A few minutes ago my phone woke me up with some alert sound. Not a call, so I rolled over and ignored it. Then it decided to wake me again.

So it turns out the first time it wanted me awake was because it needed a restart to install updates and the second time was to tell me i was low on storage and might like to move stuff to my SD card.

Well, no. Not at quarter past two in the morning I don't. Who decided that was a good idea?

Martin 520, Mar 4, 2016
  3. phone woke me up at 02:10am for no good reason

You can always disable system sounds or put your phone to silent mode at night. Alternatively if you are running windows 10, you can configure when your phone installs updates.

Stranger_Hanyo, Mar 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

woke up to no boot

Is Macrium up to date? It may be possible there was a bug what may have caused the problem.

axe0, Mar 5, 2016
  5. shmu26 Win User
    I am running the latest version.

shmu26, Mar 5, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Ok, you might not like what I say in this post

Unless you can reproduce the problem, I wouldn't try it, it is difficult to say what may have caused the problem.

axe0, Mar 5, 2016
  7. shmu26 Win User
    at least I am not alone in being puzzled by this...

shmu26, Mar 5, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

woke up to no boot

I understand you want to know what caused it, but there are just so many things that could have caused it and the only way to find the possible cause is to reproduce it but that takes the risk that you might not be able to succesfully restore Windows the next time.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

woke up to no boot

1. woke up to no boot - Similar Threads - woke boot

2. Laptop fully softlocked when I woke up this morning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fully softlocked when I woke up this morning.: This morning when I woke up my Lenovo laptop showed the “automatic repair” screen and it was trying to repair a fake/non-existent drive. I tried everything I could think of like: safe mode, reset this PC, system restore, startup repair, and a few more. Does anyone have...
  3. Laptop fully softlocked when I woke up this morning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fully softlocked when I woke up this morning.: This morning when I woke up my Lenovo laptop showed the “automatic repair” screen and it was trying to repair a fake/non-existent drive. I tried everything I could think of like: safe mode, reset this PC, system restore, startup repair, and a few more. Does anyone have...
  4. I fell asleep and when i woke up to my pc it said “reboot and select proper boot device”...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I fell asleep and when i woke up to my pc it said “reboot and select proper boot device”...: I fell asleep playing Roblox and when i woke up my pc has had the message to reboot it and it’s been like that for 5 days, i need help to fix it :...
  5. I fell asleep and when i woke up to my pc it said “reboot and select proper boot device”...

I fell asleep and when i woke up to my pc it said “reboot and select proper boot device”...: I fell asleep playing Roblox and when i woke up my pc has had the message to reboot it and it’s been like that for 5 days, i need help to fix it :...
  6. I fell asleep and when i woke up to my pc it said “reboot and select proper boot device”...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Woke up this morning and computer wouldn't boot. Did not respond to multiple different...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Woke up this morning and computer wouldn't boot. Did not respond to multiple different...: Computer tries to boot and then goes to a blue screen where it is forced to restart. I can access cmd and recovery options when I boot the computer using Windows 10 media downloaded onto a flash drive. I'm using:Windows 10UEFI bios on a Z590 ASROCK Motherboardi9 11900K Intel...
  8. Woke up this morning and computer wouldn't boot. Did not respond to multiple different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Woke up this morning and computer wouldn't boot. Did not respond to multiple different...: Computer tries to boot and then goes to a blue screen where it is forced to restart. I can access cmd and recovery options when I boot the computer using Windows 10 media downloaded onto a flash drive. I'm using:Windows 10UEFI bios on a Z590 ASROCK Motherboardi9 11900K Intel...
  9. Woke up this morning and computer wouldn't boot. Did not respond to multiple different...

10. Woke up to blue boot screen. Clicking continue just returns here. Trying to reset, this is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Woke up to blue boot screen. Clicking continue just returns here. Trying to reset, this is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/punkminkis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9bwpc/woke_up_to_blue_boot_screen_clicking_continue/