Windows 10: Wondering about a software that could close background processes automatically.

Discus and support Wondering about a software that could close background processes automatically. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Are there any ways to set up/download a software that could close certain background processes as they start up. E.g, Netflix runs in the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grassrice, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Wondering about a software that could close background processes automatically.

Are there any ways to set up/download a software that could close certain background processes as they start up. E.g, Netflix runs in the background and a software automatically closes it using task manager or something. I have been manually doing this to a child app whenever something stupid (twitch chat) gets blocked and I want to access it.

submitted by /u/grassrice
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grassrice, Mar 1, 2021

2. Automatically close certain background programs on battery

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there is some sort of Windows Powershell script that makes it so when the device is on battery the background processes close and maybe when the device is on AC the processes reopen. I'm wondering if this is possible because I have a lot
    of processes running in the background that are very power-hungry.

Thanks in advance,

randomnewskills, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Wondering about a software that could close background processes automatically.

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Wondering about a software that could close background processes automatically.

1. Wondering about a software that could close background processes automatically. - Similar Threads - Wondering software close

2. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  3. What background processes are okay to close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What background processes are okay to close: I have over 100 background processes and 95% I have no idea what they are so I would like to know what settings to change or what tasks are okay to close. I found a solution which is a clean boot but I am suspicious because I am disabling every service that isn't Microsoft...
  4. background processes

background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d
  5. Background Process

Background Process: With all the programs closed in my windows 11 I get 110 processes running. However I've seen some people with only 25 or lower, I've tried everything to get that low amount of processes running but can't find out how....
  6. Background Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  7. About closing an running app in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About closing an running app in background: Hello , I am vishal , and I am living in India , I have a doubt , A month ago , I downloaded java jdk application which is used for programming , and while I was setting up the...
  8. Automatically close certain background programs on battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically close certain background programs on battery: Hello everyone, I'm wondering if there is some sort of Windows Powershell script that makes it so when the device is on battery the background processes close and maybe when the device is on AC the processes reopen. I'm wondering if this is possible because I have a lot of...
  9. Wondering about Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Wondering about Windows 10: (quote from a site I was browsing) "Now all we need are some pointers on the cost for Windows 10 after the first year promotion." If Microsoft is going to make Windows 10 a 'service' and we all jump of the cliff and into Windows 10. What are we agreeing to in the long run...
  10. Wondering about SSD setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wondering about SSD setup: Hello everyone, I installed Windows 10 and was wondering from the past about all those "optimizations" for SSD's. Seems to me that in Windows 7 there were a lot like shutting off indexing, prefetch and super, but many more. Then in Windows 8.1 the list of things to...