Windows 10: Wondering how to set pin

Discus and support Wondering how to set pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows tells me need to update security but cant find how to do above ? many thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobScriven, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Wondering how to set pin

Windows tells me need to update security but cant find how to do above ?

many thanks

:)

RobScriven, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Wondering how to set pin :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Wondering how to set pin

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Wondering how to set pin

1. Wondering how to set pin - Similar Threads - Wondering set pin

2. How to set up pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set up pin: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. is on my screen, when I click to set my pin up it brings me to a window saying I need to download an app from the microsoft store, when I click that nothing happens. When I try to go to advanced...
  3. How to set up pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up pin: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. is on my screen, when I click to set my pin up it brings me to a window saying I need to download an app from the microsoft store, when I click that nothing happens. When I try to go to advanced...
  4. How to set up pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove Hello pin and set new pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove Hello pin and set new pin: How to remove Hello pin and set new pin[move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Subscription, account, billing / For business / Domains in Microsoft 365]...
  6. How to change the pin not from settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the pin not from settings?: Hello,Recently my laptop died battery and will not turn on. I have no access to it. So I'm currently borrowing a laptop that someone has already logged into and made their window hello account and etc. I'm trying to log into excel and I cannot as it asks me to log in using...
  7. How to change the pin not from settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the pin not from settings?: Hello,Recently my laptop died battery and will not turn on. I have no access to it. So I'm currently borrowing a laptop that someone has already logged into and made their window hello account and etc. I'm trying to log into excel and I cannot as it asks me to log in using...
  8. how to set pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to set pin: forgot my pin... how to enable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-pin/d85b7cb0-1088-4561-b41a-d41fd1c286bb
  9. How to remove ATI Wonder 650

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove ATI Wonder 650: I plan to remove my ATI Wonder 650 tuner card and replace it with a Hauppauge HVR-1265. I am having difficulty removing the ATI 650. I have a ATI Radeon HD 4600 series video card. I upgraded to win 10 pro from Win 7 Pro ( 10.0.18363 build 18363). Media Center is gone and with...
  10. how to set pin login back

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to set pin login back: Hello, My windows 10 pc is back from HP repair. All is like before, except the pin login is not there. I have to use my password. How can I set back the pin login ? If I go to "Settings", "Sign-in options", and click "Add" under "PIN", it ask me for my password....