Windows 10: Wondering re: MS decision to remove explanations of updates

Discus and support Wondering re: MS decision to remove explanations of updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I have a huge bone to pick with MS's decision to have us just blindly install updates without really knowing what they do without doing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Eclipse, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Eclipse Win User

Wondering re: MS decision to remove explanations of updates

So I have a huge bone to pick with MS's decision to have us just blindly install updates without really knowing what they do without doing some in-depth googling for each one. I came to see the summaries for each update as a given with W7/W8.1, and for any i wanted clarification there was a direct link to the MS page with a detailed explanation. Now I'm aware that Windows 10 is still technically a Beta and it will be 4 or 5 months before it is relatively stable, but has MS addressed this at all besides saying they will offer the explanations to corporations for their IT depts sanity? The average consumer is getting completely shafted more and more as each update comes out, I almost would have preferred to buy a copy of Windows 10 as long as I wasn't paying with my privacy and necessity to have a bunch of background software running to maintain it. Basically my question is will this be reversed anytime soon, or can we expect to be sheeple as long as we use Windows 10?

:)

Eclipse, Oct 25, 2015
  2. MelMartin Win User

Unable to set the times for "quiet hours"

Couldn't agree with you more. It doesn't seem to be addressed in the Anniversary update. Bizarre decisions light this make me wonder what is going on with MS. It's simply beyond stupid...

MelMartin, Oct 25, 2015
  3. Cortana and SMS

I am having the same problem and wonder if it has anything to do with the decision by MS to remove the ability to send SMS messages from the Windows Messaging app? Apparently they have decided to try to integrate SMS message sending into the Skype app
    and to remove the capability from the Messaging app. Could it be that they have made internal changes that broke the actionable notifications related to SMS functionality?

Hale_Storm, Oct 25, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I doubt the average consumer really paid any attention to what was included in the updates in the past so why should they care anymore now. And don't expect any changes to this policy.

BunnyJ, Oct 25, 2015
  5. Eclipse Win User
    You have a good point. I guess I am one that did. Ah well as long as it works *Huh

Eclipse, Oct 25, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I do understand your point and it's valid. IT departments would need to know what's in the updates as well as power users/insiders. But, the rank in file majority of Windows users would not know what to do with the information by and large. And they don't need it.. heck they mostly browse the internet and do social media things. None of that requires in depth knowledge of the OS.

Have a great day
    Jeff *Smile
    PS, welcome to the forums.. *Wink

BunnyJ, Oct 25, 2015
  7. Eclipse Win User
    Thanks! and thanks for the welcome *Smile I have a feeling I'll be spending more and more time here as more and more updates come out Wondering re: MS decision to remove explanations of updates :p

Eclipse, Oct 25, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Great.. this is a nice place and there are lots of helpful members. *Smile

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wondering re: MS decision to remove explanations of updates - Similar Threads - Wondering decision remove

2. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck with no explanation: I havent seen any updates for my windows and somehow when i checked in this happens and i dont really know if this actually updating or something happening...
  3. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stuck with no explanation: I havent seen any updates for my windows and somehow when i checked in this happens and i dont really know if this actually updating or something happening...
  4. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. re: MS Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re: MS Office: I purchased MS Office and Home 2021 and in my Word document, when I hit the 'Enter' key on my keyboard to go to the next line, instead, a new browser tab open. Why is this? what do I do?Rory *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. re: MS Office

re: MS Office: I purchased MS Office and Home 2021 and in my Word document, when I hit the 'Enter' key on my keyboard to go to the next line, instead, a new browser tab open. Why is this? what do I do?Rory *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. How to remove ATI Wonder 650

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove ATI Wonder 650: I plan to remove my ATI Wonder 650 tuner card and replace it with a Hauppauge HVR-1265. I am having difficulty removing the ATI 650. I have a ATI Radeon HD 4600 series video card. I upgraded to win 10 pro from Win 7 Pro ( 10.0.18363 build 18363). Media Center is gone and with...
  8. Wonderful world of updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wonderful world of updating: Today, with shut down of PC I got the well-known message: wait till updates are installed Thereafter I restarted the PC to see which update was installed (I looked in settings and in Control Panel). Conclusion; No updates were installed today. Only an optional update, visible...
  9. An odd MS decision for Onedrive music file types upload

An odd MS decision for Onedrive music file types upload: Apparently, Ondrive will ONLY allow you to upload .mp3 and .wma files....I have an enormous amount of ripped from CD and elsewhere .flac files, which are true lossless format that I wanted to put on Onedrive....and here's the amazingly, yet classic Microsoft...
  10. Just wondering re pricing

Just wondering re pricing: I am in the process of looking for a paid for OEM for 10 Pro as I want to keep my 7 Pro key and buying one of those is just as expensive according to my local dealer - $209 + p&p which is pretty good. Now I am also thinking at the same time what sort of mark up these...