Windows 10: Wondering .....why no images from India in Spotlight

Discus and support Wondering .....why no images from India in Spotlight in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We see beautiful images on the Windows lock screen Spotlight ....covering nice locales around the world. This changes in a day or 2 and I have been... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Shantanu D, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Wondering .....why no images from India in Spotlight

We see beautiful images on the Windows lock screen Spotlight ....covering nice locales around the world. This changes in a day or 2 and I have been waiting eagerly to see some image from India one day ..... but am disappointed to find none so far. I wonder why.
    On wiki, there is one list available of the Spotlight images and only 1 i.e. Taj is listed from India.
    Really sad, especially when there are such beautiful locales all over our country from Kashmir to Kerala.

:)

Shantanu D, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 13, 2020
  3. How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Wondering .....why no images from India in Spotlight

Windows Spotlight image stuck

Hi Robin,

Windows Spotlight frequently changes the photos using
    Bing
    to provide an image-of-the-day giving everyone a fresher look every time they access their computers. This feature is dependent on the Internet connection and without it, you won’t be able to get yourself that special nature scenery.

Furthermore, we suggest following the steps below to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the Start Menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following commands (Wait for the process to finish before proceeding to the next steps.):
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, click Enter.
      • Sfc /scannow, click Enter.
      • Powershell, click Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
        then click Enter.
      • Restart the computer after the process.
    Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Wondering .....why no images from India in Spotlight

1. Wondering .....why no images from India in Spotlight - Similar Threads - Wondering why images

2. Why are there only two images from India for Windows Lock screen while there are multiple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there only two images from India for Windows Lock screen while there are multiple...: For reference, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_spotlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-there-only-two-images-from-india-for/ef1c4532-54a3-4754-85d4-468051c5240a
  3. Why are there only two images from India for Windows Lock screen while there are multiple...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are there only two images from India for Windows Lock screen while there are multiple...: For reference, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_spotlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-there-only-two-images-from-india-for/ef1c4532-54a3-4754-85d4-468051c5240a
  4. Why no images of India on the Windows 10 lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why no images of India on the Windows 10 lockscreen?: Hi, It amazes me how every day I am greeted with beautiful images on my lock screen. .. of scenic locations across the world ... Europe, the Americas, China, South East Asia, the Middle East. . basically everything "except India" . Any specific reason as to why? I would...
  5. Why no images of India on the Windows 10 lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why no images of India on the Windows 10 lockscreen?: Hi, It amazes me how every day I am greeted with beautiful images on my lock screen. .. of scenic locations across the world ... Europe, the Americas, China, South East Asia, the Middle East. . basically everything "except India" . Any specific reason as to why? I would...
  6. Why no images of India on the Windows 10 lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why no images of India on the Windows 10 lockscreen?: Hi, It amazes me how everyday I am greeted with beautiful for the most part images on my lockscreen. .. of scenic locations across the world ... Europe, the Americas, China, South East Asia, the Middle East. . basically everything "except India"...
  7. spotlight images

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotlight images: where the spotlight images are stored in my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-images/7441cf2b-45f3-451d-9f81-4491effb19a7
  8. Why there are no images of India in the windows lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why there are no images of India in the windows lock screen?: Dear Microsoft team, Just would like to check on why we couldn't see any images of India on windows lock screen, India is the country of so many wide range of landscapes. We have the snow-capped Himalayas in the North, the beautiful stretches of sand dunes in the West, the...
  9. Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?: Like some other Windows 10 users, my Windows Spotlight image stopped refreshing shortly after my recent clean install of Windows 10. The image never changes, and neither do the 'feature suggestions, fun facts and tips.' In Settings > Personalization > Lock screen >...
  10. Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?: Like some other Windows 10 users, my Windows Spotlight image stopped refreshing shortly after my recent clean install of Windows 10. The image never changes, and neither do the 'feature suggestions, fun facts and tips.' In Settings > Personalization > Lock screen >...