Windows 10: Wondershare Helper Compact/WShelper.exe

Discus and support Wondershare Helper Compact/WShelper.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I took a look at my task manager/ startup this morning as recently once I start up my PC, google chrome will run. I remember closing it before... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by koosha-, Jun 28, 2020.

1. koosha- Win User

Wondershare Helper Compact/WShelper.exe

Hi,

I took a look at my task manager/ startup this morning as recently once I start up my PC, google chrome will run. I remember closing it before shutting down the night before so kinda wondering why this happened. So I checked the taskmng and found this wondershare/wshelper.exe under the command line header. I tried to open file location by following where it leads but couldn't find the folder or whatsoever. So if it's supposed to be there, it isn't! o.o

I don't remember installing this software either.

I also found another app in my program files 86, which I'm not familiar with Easyanticheat.exe; I don't even know how it got there!

So thing is, I think I should and want to remove these but not sure if they're linked to other apps or anything like that.

Are these virus or malware? How do things get installed without me knowing it?

Oh also, why is chrome running when PC starts up when it didn't before? Am I missing sometihng?

Advice appreciated! ^^ TIA!!

:)

koosha-, Jun 28, 2020

2. wshelper.exe and other things

Hi Chad,

The wshelper.exe also known as Wondershare is not really essential to Windows. You can learn more about the Wondershare and how to safely remove it by following the suggested steps of
    ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) in this thread: What is WSHelper.exe and is it safe
    for me to uninstall it?

At the same time, you may undo the changes that you have made by performing a
    System Restore
    . For the steps, you can check this article:Recovery options in Windows 10 and refer to the
    Restore from a system restore point section.

Once you are done, let us know the outcome.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Wondershare Helper Compact

Did you seek advice from your antivirus provider (AVG, McAfee, Norton, etc)?

Is “Wondershare” installed in Control Panel? If so you need to uninstall it.

Did you do a search for any “Wondershare” files and manually delete them?

Any new items (such as Wondershare) in startup that need to be disabled/removed?

You may want to scan with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit (a free program): Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit | Emsisoft | Security Blog

OR

See Remove Viruses, Trojans & Malware from Windows PC (Free Guide) Note that you may need to reset your browsers.

How To Reset Internet Explorer To Its Default Settings (2019 Guide)

How to reset Chrome settings to default (2020 Guide)

How to reset Firefox settings to default (2020 Guide)

http://www.howtogeek.com/237527/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

Regards...

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Wondershare Helper Compact/WShelper.exe

Wondershare app

Hello Greg,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Thanks for the instructions. I followed all of your steps. I went to my apps and uninstalled Wondershare. Next, Malwarebytes found over 400 threats and I chose to quarantine them. I ran it again and
    found 0 threats. Then I ran the scannow command and it finished found no problems to repair. Then, I restarted my laptop and the Wondershare dialog box still appears. Specifically, it is called “Wondershare Helper Compact” and asks me if I agree to let
    this app make changes to my hard drive. I click on the X to close it. So, again, the problem is still there.

Now, my more aggravating problem is that Windows keeps bogging down and then re-starting on its own several times a day. This has been happening for the last several months. I have used Troubleshooting and applied fixes to Windows update, but
    the problem is still there. I don’t yet know if your solutions have corrected this second issue.

Thank you,

Richard

RichardKrueger49, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Wondershare Helper Compact/WShelper.exe

1. Wondershare Helper Compact/WShelper.exe - Similar Threads - Wondershare Helper Compact

2. I'm trying to uninstall 'Wondershare.'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to uninstall 'Wondershare.': I'm trying to uninstall 'Wondershare' but am unable, The message I'm getting is 'system error, msvcp 120.dll' What do I do and I'm a non techie.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-uninstall-wondershare/a23c8154-4a63-4d3a-a289-7b8a94430d33
  3. Helper. exe has stopped working

Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  4. Helper. exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  5. What is Wshelper

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is Wshelper: Please help me I can't stop this window from opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-wshelper/48f40ae4-3bca-4982-a02f-e0e34a5e4671
  6. To helper

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    To helper: i can't verify my windows account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-helper/d84ea6d1-eef4-4a01-be2f-5c3417ed656c
  7. Wondershare

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wondershare: Wondershare is a 3.5 GB file folder on my laptop. It appears to have been installed when I bought the laptop back in 2017. I have never launched it, nor does it show up as having an .exe/ I cannot uninstall it. Is there any reason to keep it? submitted by /u/yungsemite...
  8. Wondershare malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wondershare malware: I downloaded a Wondershare app and then uninstalled it. But now a window keeps popping up from my taskbar suggesting I reinstall the WS program. I cannot get rid of this popup. Could Windows Defender enable me to remove this WS malware?...
  9. Wondershare app

Wondershare app: When I re-start my laptop, I see a dialog box for Wondershare. I click to close it every day. I don't know if I even need Wondershare. Can I just uninstall it ? I ask this question because my laptop has been closing down and re-starting on its own. This has been...
  10. iSkysoft Studio and Wondershare Studio

iSkysoft Studio and Wondershare Studio: Good day. I have ask your help, with those two software. I have found they are installed but when wanting to remove or uninstall them, I do not find any on the Programas and Feature, on the Control Panel. I have some concern cause I have notice these running in the...