Windows 10: Won't accept RAW files from my Canon camera

Discus and support Won't accept RAW files from my Canon camera in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What do I have to do to get Windows 10 to accept RAW file formats when reading discs?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimLutz3, Oct 8, 2019.

1. JimLutz3 Win User

Won't accept RAW files from my Canon camera

What do I have to do to get Windows 10 to accept RAW file formats when reading discs?

:)

JimLutz3, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

I'd try the free GIMP program to convert the files to .jpg.
    GIMP - Frequently AskedÂ*Questions
    A client was saving both RAW and JPG on his Canon EOS 50D [mine is a 60D] and filling up the card, simple to make the change to only JPG in the camera setup. The JPG files were about a fourth the size of the 20MB RAW files, didn't seem to have lost much detail.

Berton, Oct 8, 2019
  3. bobkn Win User
    New camera raw files not recognized

To be clear, I did the following from an account with admin privileges:

I downloaded dppw4.8.30-installer.zip. I double-clicked on the file, which opened the archive. That showed a file named dppw4.8.30-installer.exe, which I copied to the desktop. I double clicked the .exe, which proceeded as follows:

Won't accept RAW files from my Canon camera [​IMG]

This doesn't include the usual screen asking permission to make changes to the PC.

I got the "requires administrative privileges" box by clicking "no" for accepting the license agreement. It's from the Canon installer; nothing to do with Windows.

How much does that sequence resemble what you're seeing?

bobkn, Oct 8, 2019
  4. apetala Win User

How to view canon raw files 80D on Windows 10?

thanks but do not wish to use canon utilities process raw in lightroom just want to weed out photos first windows 10 opens my canon 70d raw files not the 80d or 7d mark 2, tried altering the codex and canons suggestions

apetala, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Won't accept RAW files from my Canon camera - Similar Threads - Won't accept RAW

2. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  3. Canon EOS M50 RAW files preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Canon EOS M50 RAW files preview: 1. Is there any way to set up preview for CR3 raw files in File Explorer? I'm running Windows 10. 2. Is Microsoft going to add native support for this file format?...
  4. Camera Raw

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Raw: How to view Sony A7iii Raw files with windows 10 the code pack do not list the camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-raw/f869d8a3-e416-4ee3-b2aa-a797dfdf09bf
  5. Canon t7i Raw files in windows explorer

Canon t7i Raw files in windows explorer: So I just upgraded to a T7i from my t5i. With the T5i I had to download a microsoft codec pack to see the thumbnails of the RAW files in windows explorer. I have yet to find a codec that will work for my T7i in windows explorer. I can view the images in LightRoom, and in...
  6. Camera Raw Codec

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Raw Codec: Why is it so hard to let camera raw codec and photo viewer run on this POS windows 10, Nobody wants your new viewer, no its not better. This has been an ongoing issue and Microsoft refuses to comment as to why their previous versions did what we wanted and that we want back...
  7. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

Canon CR3 RAW FIles: How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-raw-files/e35f411e-8b08-4174-86d6-e90c94e2c1bc"
  8. Veiwing RAW camera files for Windoes 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Veiwing RAW camera files for Windoes 10: Hello, Has anyone figured out how to view raw camera files on Windows 10 yet? I have read all the community chatter and tried all the suggestions with no luck. Anyone been successful? I understand this is a big issue, so, Microsoft why haven't you fixed it or when is this...
  9. New camera raw files not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    New camera raw files not recognized: Hey folks, I recently purchased a new Canon camera. I've always used Canon only. I shoot exclusively in the raw format. (CR2). Windows 10 photos opens the images from my 4 year old Canon, but will not with my new Canon. I get the following message. - [img] .. I'm not very...
  10. Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files: Hi: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 about 6 weeks ago. Hopefully this is the right forum for the problem. Latest issue is that when I connect my (older) Canon camera via USB to the computer, Windows 10 can see the drive/CR2 files on it OK, but cannot display them (just lists them...