Windows 10: Wont boot after Windows10 update

Discus and support Wont boot after Windows10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Started update today around 2pm, took about 5 hours to complete! Rebooted the laptop, now comes up with a blue screen saying a driver is corrupt or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Laurence Lagden, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Wont boot after Windows10 update

Started update today around 2pm, took about 5 hours to complete!

Rebooted the laptop, now comes up with a blue screen saying a driver is corrupt or missing and wont boot any further.

Only did the update because Microsoft might have fixed the issue with disk usage at 100% all the time, and now its broken completely.

Seriously getting hacked off with Windows now. Bring back Windows 7!

This is my work machine so I need to get this thing running quick or I bite the bullet and by a Mac

:)

Laurence Lagden, Nov 7, 2018

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 after latest update, laptop will no boot up

Hello,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the question below:

• Were you able to set the DVD as the primary boot device after inserting it to the computer?
    We suggest that you follow the steps in this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Sharief K Win User

Wont boot after Windows10 update

Computer wont boot

Hi Scott,

I suggest you to do a startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

Here is the link to create Windows 10 ISO:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Use installation or recovery media to get to startup settings:

• Insert the USB drive or DVD and restart your PC. If you’re using recovery media, skip the next step.

• On the Install Windows page, select Repair your computer. (If you’re not seeing this page, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check out info from your PC manufacturer on how to change
      boot order and then try again.)

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Follow the onscreen instructions and if you can boot the computer to desktop.
    For more information on recovery options in Windows 10, refer to the link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Wont boot after Windows10 update

1. Wont boot after Windows10 update - Similar Threads - Wont boot Windows10

2. Windows10 drive will not boot after booting from another windows10 drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 drive will not boot after booting from another windows10 drive: Windows10 drive will not boot after booting from another windows10 drive on the same computerboth drives installed simultaneously. I can see from diskmanagement that the first drive is no longer recognized as bootable. I tried repairing it using a bootable usb that i created...
  3. Windows10 drive will not boot after booting from another windows10 drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 drive will not boot after booting from another windows10 drive: Windows10 drive will not boot after booting from another windows10 drive on the same computerboth drives installed simultaneously. I can see from diskmanagement that the first drive is no longer recognized as bootable. I tried repairing it using a bootable usb that i created...
  4. Windows10 drive will not boot after booting from another windows10 drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 wont boot after bios update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wont boot after bios update: I updated my MSI a320m pro-vh plus bios https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/a320m-pro-vh-plus. after that i couldnt get my pc to boot windows 10 anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-boot-after-bios-update/8a07c761-8414-48e2-802d-fb8c4b09783c
  6. Windows 10 wont boot after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 wont boot after bios update: I updated my MSI a320m pro-vh plus bios https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/a320m-pro-vh-plus. after that i couldnt get my pc to boot windows 10 anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-boot-after-bios-update/8a07c761-8414-48e2-802d-fb8c4b09783c
  7. PC wont boot to windows after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC wont boot to windows after update: I've been using Windows 10 alongside Linux distros on a dual boot for some time now without any issues. Today, i tried to uodate my windows 1903 to 20H2 by downloading the iso and running the installer.exe file. It took some time and showed 100% complete and restarted........
  8. No boot after windows10 update: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No boot after windows10 update: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hello, I let the update run update 2004 I think and rebooted the computer. It never booted again. I let it run for hours when it was trying to update during booting I eventually shut it down. Since then, booting it leads to a screen saying it encountered a problem and...
  9. after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access: hi, my only pc is a dell laptop and i been running windows10 since i bought it 18 months ago. after last update a week ago, i noticed that 1) while playing my fave game (offline, stored on pc) that i suddenly cant save any games. (ërror saving game") . 2) when i used vuze...
  10. Win10 . wont boot wont repeir wont fix after gigabyth app update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 . wont boot wont repeir wont fix after gigabyth app update: Hello I have big issue with strating my win 10 after making update in gigabtyh app When he get to circle dots its freeze Win10 Usb boot ufei dident work . dvd also I Take out all cards and usbs that was connected. . I try all legecy and uefi methods Take cmos battry...