Windows 10: Wont Boot From A USB Drive

Discus and support Wont Boot From A USB Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But I have a PC with no OS on it and now it's in a boot loop. So I made a Bootable USB Drive of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Korona165, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Korona165 Win User

Wont Boot From A USB Drive

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But I have a PC with no OS on it and now it's in a boot loop. So I made a Bootable USB Drive of Windows 10 installation files on it. But my PC Boots to the USB then gets stuck and reboots making another boot loop. I can see the light on the USB blink but then it stops and that's where the PC reboots. I tested other USB Bootable files and programs and the same thing happens. So it's not the USB or bad files. So I cant boot from a Bootable USB.

:)

Korona165, Nov 29, 2021
  2. panchoman Win User

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Wont Boot From A USB Drive nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Wont Boot From A USB Drive

Wont boot from USB

I recently got an errorcode and internet sources suggested I re-install win10. I only have a USB port and for some reason my PC wont boot with a usbstick.

I made the stick (fat32) on the Microsoft site using a diffirent laptop. I enabled usb boot, cms disable and put the usb stick on top of the boot sequence.

I am in trouble because I dont have a dvd-drive. Usb is all I got.

Any options?

JohanBerkouwer1, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Wont Boot From A USB Drive

1. Wont Boot From A USB Drive - Similar Threads - Wont Boot USB

2. windows wont boot from alternate USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows wont boot from alternate USB: I am unable to boot a system. The original boot device does not boot but goes to "Starting Automatic Repair" and hangs. I created a USB boot drive from Microsoft site and changed the boot options to legacy and disabled secure boot. When i boot from the USB, it simply hangs....
  3. windows wont boot from alternate USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows wont boot from alternate USB: I am unable to boot a system. The original boot device does not boot but goes to "Starting Automatic Repair" and hangs. I created a USB boot drive from Microsoft site and changed the boot options to legacy and disabled secure boot. When i boot from the USB, it simply hangs....
  4. Windows 8 not booting and wont boot from usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 not booting and wont boot from usb: Hi, I have a acer laptop that whenever it tries to boot. Windows boot manager says that 'The boot configuration for your pc is missing or contains errors.'I cant seem to fix it no matter what i do. I currently have a usb that has a copy of windows 10 that im trying to boot...
  5. Windows 8 not booting and wont boot from usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 not booting and wont boot from usb: Hi, I have a acer laptop that whenever it tries to boot. Windows boot manager says that 'The boot configuration for your pc is missing or contains errors.'I cant seem to fix it no matter what i do. I currently have a usb that has a copy of windows 10 that im trying to boot...
  6. Wont Boot From A USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wont Boot From A USB Drive: I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But I have a PC with no OS on it and now it's in a boot loop. So I made a Bootable USB Drive of Windows 10 installation files on it. But my PC Boots to the USB then gets stuck and reboots making another boot loop. I can...
  7. Wont Boot From A USB Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wont Boot From A USB Drive: I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But I have a PC with no OS on it and now it's in a boot loop. So I made a Bootable USB Drive of Windows 10 installation files on it. But my PC Boots to the USB then gets stuck and reboots making another boot loop. I can...
  8. windows hdd wont boot from usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows hdd wont boot from usb: Removed a windows 10 hdd and installed a new ssd. When trying to boot old hdd from usb,, I keep getting a boot failure loop. I think i need to make a change to the boot partition on old windows hdd but not really sure....can anyone point me in the right direction?thankskev...
  9. Wont boot from USB

Wont boot from USB: I recently got an errorcode and internet sources suggested I re-install win10. I only have a USB port and for some reason my PC wont boot with a usbstick. I made the stick (fat32) on the Microsoft site using a diffirent laptop. I enabled usb boot, cms disable and put the...
  10. Booting from USB Drive

Booting from USB Drive: When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches as if nothing happened. Could anyone help? Thank you...