Windows 10: Won't boot, system recovery mode not working.

Discus and support Won't boot, system recovery mode not working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the latest windows 10 update my pc couldn't boot properly, it would boot up and show a black screen with a cursor, without logging in etc. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RihardsBarbars, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Won't boot, system recovery mode not working.

After the latest windows 10 update my pc couldn't boot properly, it would boot up and show a black screen with a cursor, without logging in etc. After trying for a while decided to reset my windows through the recovery boot thing. (3 boot interrupts)

Everything was fine for 2 days. Updated drivers and everything. Today i turned on my pc, everything was fine, opened chrome, browsed a little, and left the room for 30 minutes, came back to a black screen, after restarting the pc it's now stuck on the boot/loading screen. Left it there for an hour and nothing has changed. Since im using an acer laptop it just had the acer booting logo.

Thing is i can't even boot into recovery mode so i can reset it again.. After interrupting the boot 3 times it says 'preparing automatic repair' and gives me a black screen without a cursor.

I have an acer aspire e5-575 with nvidia 940mx. But i already updated the driver's 2 days ago? Everything was fine untill the update.

:)

RihardsBarbars, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Aug 20, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. topgundcp Win User

Won't boot, system recovery mode not working.

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    • If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    • If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    • If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

• Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    • Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    • Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    • From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    • Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

• Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    • Fresh install Windows 10
    • Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    • repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Won't boot, system recovery mode not working.

1. Won't boot, system recovery mode not working. - Similar Threads - Won't boot system

2. Recovery mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery mode not working: I tried to factory reset my pc and when I got to the recovery mode page I clicked on reset this pc , I then clicked on remove everything and my pc instead of actually factory resetting it just restarted and took me back to the login screen ,I tried multiple times it won’t...
  3. Recovery mode not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery mode not working: I tried to factory reset my pc and when I got to the recovery mode page I clicked on reset this pc , I then clicked on remove everything and my pc instead of actually factory resetting it just restarted and took me back to the login screen ,I tried multiple times it won’t...
  4. OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode: Hey there!I just installed a new motherboard.Once I had windows running, I went to msconfig and advanced boot, and changed my core usage from disabled to 16. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x. After restarting, the computer bluescreened, and went in to recovery mode. HOWEVER, it...
  5. OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode

OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode: Hey there!I just installed a new motherboard.Once I had windows running, I went to msconfig and advanced boot, and changed my core usage from disabled to 16. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x. After restarting, the computer bluescreened, and went in to recovery mode. HOWEVER, it...
  6. OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode: Hi everyone,I wanted to roll back the windows to a previous restore point, unfortunately and unexpectedly the windows shut down during "restore point registry" I realized the power cord wasn't working properly and caused my laptop to shut down, battery wasn't enough to...
  8. Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode: Hi everyone,I wanted to roll back the windows to a previous restore point, unfortunately and unexpectedly the windows shut down during "restore point registry" I realized the power cord wasn't working properly and caused my laptop to shut down, battery wasn't enough to...
  9. Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode

10. System Randomly Boots into Recovery Mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Randomly Boots into Recovery Mode Windows 10: I have an alienware M17 R4 that randomly boots into recovery mode. The only way it will recover is if I roll back system to a previous restore point. At first I though this was due to the 1803 cumulative update failing. But that has since been installed and the system and it...