Windows 10: Won't delete temporary files

Discus and support Won't delete temporary files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Inspirio 14 laptop currently has 5.74 GB of useless files sitting around in it, but none of the tools to delete them are working. Both Disk Cleanup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wallaceman105, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Won't delete temporary files

My Inspirio 14 laptop currently has 5.74 GB of useless files sitting around in it, but none of the tools to delete them are working. Both Disk Cleanup and the option in the menu at:Settings>System>Storage>This PC>Temporary Files.
    Disk Cleanup won't even start, even allowing for some time. (I waited a full hour for it, still nothing.)
    I need to know where I can access these files to delete them myself. I already deleted things in the %temp% and prefetch folders, which brought it from 6.25GB to 5.74. I have tried running Disk Cleanup from every menu and shortcut it has, but none have worked.

Please help,
    Wallace.

:)

Wallaceman105, Dec 25, 2015

2. Low disk space.

My Temporary Files Won't Delete

I have used the disk cleanup tool many times but it never seems to clean up very much space. I found that a lot of space is taken up by temporary files. I need the space so I can work without being bugged by the windows update assistant.
    I went to Settings-System-(CWon't delete temporary files :)-Temporary Files and I deleted the temporary files and come back later to find that they didn't delete.

anguswilliams261002, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Bill Smithers, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

Won't delete temporary files

Reboot your computer, and tap F8 and boot into safe mode, from there you should be able to delete any files from the TEMP folder.

Whatphoeb, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Johnson Win User
    You can delete Windows 10 temporary internet files by following these steps:
    1) S2tart Disk Cleanup, then click on View Files, and in the window that appears click on View, then in the upper right click on Options, then in the box that appears click on View, then scroll down and uncheck "Hide Protected Operating Files," click on Apply, click OK.
    2) The temporary internet folders will appear. Delete or shred (with AVG) all or as many as possible; repeat this with each folder.
    3) Go to these paths and delete everything in the final folders: C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE
    C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\
    Then run Disk Cleanup once or twice more. You should have less than 3 MB of temporary internet files.
    3) If you have the free version of CCleaner, you can automate this process by including the above two paths in the folders to be cleaned. (Click Options, Settings, Include, Add.)
    4) If you add C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp to the included CCleaner tasks, you'll also delete your computer's Temporary Files.

Johnson, Apr 6, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I use CCleaner to do disk cleanup. It works for me, in last 3 years.

Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free!

Select the free version first. You can buy the paid version later if you like it that much.
    I use the free version for 3 years.

davidhk, Apr 6, 2016
  7. TONSCHUH Win User
    TONSCHUH, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Won't delete temporary files

1. Won't delete temporary files - Similar Threads - Won't delete temporary

2. 56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.: Looking at the storage settings earlier today, i found that my temporary files folder was huge. Most of it is taken up by "Temporary Internet Files", 56.4GBI have tried deleting it several times, and nothing seems to work. It still shows up as 56.4GBHere's what ive tried so...
  3. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  4. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  5. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. DELETE TEMPORARY FILES

DELETE TEMPORARY FILES: HI I am trying to delete my temporary internet files but cant find them. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-files/58af60d4-6999-408a-bb1d-66b7301a6d83
  7. Temporary files not deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary files not deleting: So I was watching some Netflix when I received a pop-up message from chrome stating that I should delete the temporary cache files from Netflix, so I closed it and headed over to my storage settings and noticed that it was full, I remember having around 50GB free on my m.2...
  8. Deleting temporary files

Deleting temporary files: I have been trying to clear drive space so I can update. I have moved everything I can to a mass storage device and I have only been able to remove a small amount of temp files. I am left with 5GB. I have deleted all my excess mail and now I am stuck. Is there a way to view...
  9. Temporary files won't delete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Temporary files won't delete: Settings -> System -> Storage -> c:/ -> Temporary Files will not delete. I have 56gigs of temp files that I can't touch/find/remove. The delete temporary files will not work to clear this. I've tried various Ccleaner and disk clean up. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Windows 10 won't delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't delete temporary files: Under settings>disk space>C:>temporary files you can delete temporary files, it says that it's deleting the temporary files and you should come back later for the results. How long does this take? When i'm closing this menu and come back later it's still the same size and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone wont delete files

2. temporary files says 25gb