Windows 10: won't detect that my headphones are plugged in

Discus and support won't detect that my headphones are plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my dell laptop won't detect that headphones are plugged in. it used to work but now it doesn't. I've tried to update my drivers but there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alanzeng2, Jan 25, 2021.

1. alanzeng2 Win User

won't detect that my headphones are plugged in

my dell laptop won't detect that headphones are plugged in. it used to work but now it doesn't. I've tried to update my drivers but there are no updates available. I've tried all the methods they say online but they don't work either as my headphones just aren't detected and I don't know what to do. can anyone help me?

:)

alanzeng2, Jan 25, 2021

2. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Caleb_071 Win User
    Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works.

This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a sudden no headphone would be detected in my 3.5mm headphone jack. I tried to use the troubleshooter but it said
    that it couldn't continue troubleshooting until I plugged in the headphones, but they were plugged in.

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated. Please, its been 3 months now, I need headphones.

Caleb_071, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Louie_101 Win User

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Hi Caleb_071,

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided by Andre on the link below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

You may also try the steps on this link:

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-wont-recog...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products often classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Hope one of the steps mentioned can fix the issue.

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. won't detect that my headphones are plugged in - Similar Threads - won't detect headphones

2. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.: I use a boot camp'd IMac and when I switched to windows for the first time, the computer detected the headphones easily, but after a few weeks, the computer just stopped detecting them, I know fully well that the headphones do in fact work and are plugged into the correct...
  3. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.: I use a boot camp'd IMac and when I switched to windows for the first time, the computer detected the headphones easily, but after a few weeks, the computer just stopped detecting them, I know fully well that the headphones do in fact work and are plugged into the correct...
  4. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  6. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  7. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: My headphone jack wont detect any headphones being plugged into it. Ive tried my headphones on other computers so i know these work. When i plug them in i get Line In Realtek audio coming up as an input device but the headphones wont show up in output devices. Please...
  9. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  10. Won't detect headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't detect headphones: I found the other day that when I plug headphones into my audio jack I can't get the sound to play through them. It continues to play sound through my monitor instead regardless of which option I choose. I've determined it can't be the jack because I tried plugging into the...