Windows 10: Won't get Windows 10 due to ever changing environment creating problems - convince me...

Discus and support Won't get Windows 10 due to ever changing environment creating problems - convince me... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Wonder where Microsoft is going with this OS - since you as user does not own your own PC anymore. Ever changing environment is not what anybody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BookishFlunky90, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Won't get Windows 10 due to ever changing environment creating problems - convince me...

Hi

Wonder where Microsoft is going with this OS - since you as user does not own your own PC anymore.

Ever changing environment is not what anybody want working on a PC - lot's of problems follow with these constant updates.

Like here is typical thread over Windows 10 hate

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=532119

I held back buying new PC for three years now due to problems people have with these constant updates.

They have to do all kind of updates of other drivers, like graphics drivers, reinstall audio drivers and stuff - all due to these silly updates.

Working with a lot of multimedia applications like video editing and music recording - you don't want an ever changing environment.

There are loads of posts on various forums out there where people get problems after an windows update.

That updates themselves create more issues than any viruses is kind of a problem, wouldn't you say?

I had my Windows 7 machine now since 2010 - and when Microsoft ditch updates on Windows 7 I'm pretty much ditched too, since software I use will ditch updates. It's never online otherwise than just for doing updates and installs of various software - then go offline again.

The only good thing I've heard lately are the FLS problem that is fixed by Microsoft finally. This limited the amount of plugins inside video editor and daws(digital audio workstation) - so that was really good.

And I believe I read that Windows 10 Home also now can delay updates a bit - but not sure how long.

How do I use a Windows 10 machine and prevent it constantly change - when I have a fully working environment?

How do yo avoid that larger updates - where all vendors of software I use warn to do updates before they checked their software products out, that they work?

I have a fully working environment - and don't want to change that - constantly.

I think there were an Creators Update or something like that a year or so ago - how do you avoid that, and only get bug fixes to *OS?

I do work with film and music full time - and don't want issues being forced to do updates.

Just staying on the machine as I bought it - get bug fixes - nothing else that Microsoft seems to think we urge for.

Thank you.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Oct 5, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Won't get Windows 10 due to ever changing environment creating problems - convince me... [​IMG]

Won't get Windows 10 due to ever changing environment creating problems - convince me... [​IMG]

zbook, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Oct 5, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Won't get Windows 10 due to ever changing environment creating problems - convince me...

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Won't get Windows 10 due to ever changing environment creating problems - convince me...

1. Won't get Windows 10 due to ever changing environment creating problems - convince me... - Similar Threads - Won't due ever

2. HELP! Windows 10 won't allow me to create folders!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Windows 10 won't allow me to create folders!: Hello All, I'm sincerely hoping someone can assist me! Out of the blue I'm not able to create any new folders! The option isn't there when I right click and choose "New". When I click the "New Folder" button in the File Manager window no folder is created, and even when I do...
  3. HELP! Windows 10 won't allow me to create folders!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP! Windows 10 won't allow me to create folders!: Hello All, I'm sincerely hoping someone can assist me! Out of the blue I'm not able to create any new folders! The option isn't there when I right click and choose "New". When I click the "New Folder" button in the File Manager window no folder is created, and even when I do...
  4. HELP! Windows 10 won't allow me to create folders!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ms not getting created for me

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ms not getting created for me: hi sir I have a issue I have asked a question to google and so took me to this some one asking he didn't get to create as it says use school account so i tried to log out but the issue is I tried but it still says the same to use personal or school account I gave my number...
  6. The environment problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The environment problem: when input "shutdown /r /fw" in powershell as an administratorit displays “The system could not find the environment option that was entered.203” so how to resolve the problemthx....
  7. windows 10 not starting due to invalid environment variable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 not starting due to invalid environment variable: Hi Team, I changed "PATH" environment variable in windows 10, and shutdown the system. From Next boot, windows 10 is not starting any more and even numerous attempts to revive windows also fails. Even System restore is also not able to restore windows 10 to correct...
  8. Windows 10 Pro is convinced that my PC is connected to an organisation, and won't activate...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro is convinced that my PC is connected to an organisation, and won't activate...: I bought a pre-built pc around 6 months ago, with windows 10 pro pre-installed. Around three months later, I see the "Activate Windows" watermark on my screen. In settings, it tells me "We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's...
  9. Create Environment Variables Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Environment Variables Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Environment Variables Shortcut in Windows How to Create Environment Variables Shortcut in Windows Environment variables are a set of dynamic named values that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer. The variables can be used both...
  10. Convince Me

in Windows 10 Support
    Convince Me: After Windows 10 had been out about a month I installed it. After about 3-4 weeks I decided I did NOT like it very much and reinstalled Windows 7 which I love. Is there anyone that can convince me to try Windows 10 again? 45173