Windows 10: Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts

Discus and support Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Everything was fine until I could no longer scan to computer and then my Quick Launch disappeared from the Taskbar. I started a System Restore, but it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by uvbogden, Jan 14, 2021.

1. uvbogden Win User

Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts

Everything was fine until I could no longer scan to computer and then my Quick Launch disappeared from the Taskbar. I started a System Restore, but it stopped and said parts of your C drive are corrupted. It recommended doing a chkdsk. So I went to do a restart and it went into waiting to complete the restart mode and stayed there for two hours, then went to Advanced Repairs screen.

When I click on anything there, it says I have to be logged in as an Administrator (but I can't get to the login page) and it adds that there are now no Administrator accounts on the computer. I've been thinking of activating the built-in Administrator, but all but the last two options require being logged in as an administrator and the last two options I'm supposed to access cmd, but I can't access command prompt or any of the recovery options.

For example, because corrupted files on C drive wiped Administrator accounts off my computer, I don't think it will let me open a command prompt at boot and I can't open a command prompt and input regedit. Also, I don't know if the computer will continue to go into repair screen or simply die with the next restart. Other than a clean install, do you have any advice for me?

:)

uvbogden, Jan 14, 2021
  2. uvbogden Win User

Everything was fine until I could no longer scan to computer and then my Quick Launch disappeared from the Taskbar. I started a System Restore, but it stopped and said parts of your C drive are corrupted. It recommended doing a chkdsk. So I went to do a restart and it went into waiting to complete the restart mode and stayed there for two hours, then went to Advanced Repairs screen.

When I click on anything there, it says I have to be logged in as an Administrator (but I can't get to the login page) and it adds that there are now no Administrator accounts on the computer. I've been thinking of activating the built-in Administrator, but all but the last two options require being logged in as an administrator and the last two options I'm supposed to access cmd, but I can't access command prompt or any of the recovery options.

For example, because corrupted files on C drive wiped Administrator accounts off my computer, I don't think it will let me open a command prompt at boot and I can't open a command prompt and input regedit. Also, I don't know if the computer will continue to go into repair screen or simply die with the next restart. Other than a clean install, do you have any advice for me?

uvbogden, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Berton Win User

Seems to me booting to a DVD or USB drive made with the MCT/Media Creation Tool would allow an Upgrade install and get things back as they should be.

Berton, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts - Similar Threads - Won't login page

2. Corrupted User Account/C Drive and D Drive Ownership

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted User Account/C Drive and D Drive Ownership: [ATTACH] Hi, I am at my wits end, this issue has been ongoing for the pas few days and I have stayed up quite late to try and fix this with the help of some Microsoft Technicians online. I would like to thank the few technicians who were willing to help me over their...
  3. cannot change accounts or login as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot change accounts or login as administrator: Can only login with one account. Cannot access other accounts or sigin as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-accounts-or-login-as-administrator/8677c47e-4b7b-4805-b7ad-fc2da8a3a79a
  4. Administrator and c drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator and c drive: Good day, so I'm the only administrator on my laptop but I can update, reinstall, restore...... Windows 10 my C drive is locked value shows 0 space I've tried command prompts I've tried everything with no luck even did the verification on Microsoft wedsite but still nothing...
  5. Corrupted C: drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupted C: drive?: While Windows 10 HOME edition is starting I get "Preparing Windows", which I had never received before. Once I log in I get: "We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now,...
  6. stealing login password of administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    stealing login password of administrator account: is it possible for user of standard account to steal administrator account password. i dont have any proof just a suspicion that somebody stole my administrator account password 158738
  7. PC won't go to login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC won't go to login screen: Hello, I havea Lenovo 310 ideapad. Recently, the computer will not go to the login screen, thus making the computer unusable. It first starts off with a grey screen, and after a few minutes takes me to a bootmenu or appmenu. My three options are windows boot manager, atapi...
  8. Locked out of Administrator Account login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Administrator Account login: Hi, I hope someone here can help me. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago I have been unable to log in as administrator on my PC. I have tried dozens of websites, including this one and tried as many "solutions", all to no avail. Every solution or workaround...
  9. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  10. Hide the administrator account in the login screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hide the administrator account in the login screen?: Hi, Is there any way that I can hide the Administrator account during the login screen but at the same time access it whenever I need it. Like if the user logs off, he should not see the Administrator account, only his standard account. But I will also need to access...