Windows 10: Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts

Discus and support Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Everything was fine until I could no longer scan to computer and then my Quick Launch disappeared from the Taskbar. I started a System Restore, but it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by uvbogden, Jan 14, 2021.

1. uvbogden Win User

Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts

Everything was fine until I could no longer scan to computer and then my Quick Launch disappeared from the Taskbar. I started a System Restore, but it stopped and said parts of your C drive are corrupted. It recommended doing a chkdsk. So I went to do a restart and it went into waiting to complete the restart mode and stayed there for two hours, then went to Advanced Repairs screen.

When I click on anything there, it says I have to be logged in as an Administrator (but I can't get to the login page) and it adds that there are now no Administrator accounts on the computer. I've been thinking of activating the built-in Administrator, but all but the last two options require being logged in as an administrator and the last two options I'm supposed to access cmd, but I can't access command prompt or any of the recovery options.

For example, because corrupted files on C drive wiped Administrator accounts off my computer, I don't think it will let me open a command prompt at boot and I can't open a command prompt and input regedit. Also, I don't know if the computer will continue to go into repair screen or simply die with the next restart. Other than a clean install, do you have any advice for me?

:)

uvbogden, Jan 14, 2021
  2. uvbogden Win User

Everything was fine until I could no longer scan to computer and then my Quick Launch disappeared from the Taskbar. I started a System Restore, but it stopped and said parts of your C drive are corrupted. It recommended doing a chkdsk. So I went to do a restart and it went into waiting to complete the restart mode and stayed there for two hours, then went to Advanced Repairs screen.

When I click on anything there, it says I have to be logged in as an Administrator (but I can't get to the login page) and it adds that there are now no Administrator accounts on the computer. I've been thinking of activating the built-in Administrator, but all but the last two options require being logged in as an administrator and the last two options I'm supposed to access cmd, but I can't access command prompt or any of the recovery options.

For example, because corrupted files on C drive wiped Administrator accounts off my computer, I don't think it will let me open a command prompt at boot and I can't open a command prompt and input regedit. Also, I don't know if the computer will continue to go into repair screen or simply die with the next restart. Other than a clean install, do you have any advice for me?

uvbogden, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Berton Win User

Seems to me booting to a DVD or USB drive made with the MCT/Media Creation Tool would allow an Upgrade install and get things back as they should be.

Berton, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Won't go to login page, C drive corrupted, no Administrator accounts - Similar Threads - Won't login page

2. Is there anyway to unlock an administrator account and the C: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to unlock an administrator account and the C: drive?: I got a used pc that has an administrator account I can’t unlock and the C: drive is also locked due to this. Is there anyway to get these both unlocked? Or if the hard drive is replaced will it unlock the C: drive as well if it’s embedded in the OS?...
  3. Is there anyway to unlock an administrator account and the C: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to unlock an administrator account and the C: drive?: I got a used pc that has an administrator account I can’t unlock and the C: drive is also locked due to this. Is there anyway to get these both unlocked? Or if the hard drive is replaced will it unlock the C: drive as well if it’s embedded in the OS?...
  4. User Accounts won't display on Login Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Accounts won't display on Login Page: Hi all,I just finished setting up windows 10 on my machine, I added another user on my pc, but I cannot see the user from the login page and there is no option to switch to that account. The only solution is setting dontdisplaylastusername regedit to 1 or true, I was able to...
  5. User Accounts won't display on Login Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Accounts won't display on Login Page: Hi all,I just finished setting up windows 10 on my machine, I added another user on my pc, but I cannot see the user from the login page and there is no option to switch to that account. The only solution is setting dontdisplaylastusername regedit to 1 or true, I was able to...
  6. User Accounts won't display on Login Page

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. C drive corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive corrupted: Help! Well trying to dual boot, I think I really screwed up. My computer is now stuck in a Windows recovery boot loop. I've tried pretty much everything I could find online, with no luck. I saw this one trick where you go to advanced options, command prompt, enter notepad,...
  8. Corrupted User Account/C Drive and D Drive Ownership

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted User Account/C Drive and D Drive Ownership: [ATTACH] Hi, I am at my wits end, this issue has been ongoing for the pas few days and I have stayed up quite late to try and fix this with the help of some Microsoft Technicians online. I would like to thank the few technicians who were willing to help me over their...
  9. Administrator and c drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator and c drive: Good day, so I'm the only administrator on my laptop but I can update, reinstall, restore...... Windows 10 my C drive is locked value shows 0 space I've tried command prompts I've tried everything with no luck even did the verification on Microsoft wedsite but still nothing...
  10. Corrupted C: drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupted C: drive?: While Windows 10 HOME edition is starting I get "Preparing Windows", which I had never received before. Once I log in I get: "We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now,...