Windows 10: Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

Discus and support Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It is terribly annoying and even dangerous: Very often, my Thinkpad T14s with Windows 10 does not go to sleep if I close the lid or explicitly tell it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Andy from France, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

It is terribly annoying and even dangerous: Very often, my Thinkpad T14s with Windows 10 does not go to sleep if I close the lid or explicitly tell it to by Choosing > Power > Sleep. I’m afraid it might get damaged by overheating when I put in my bag without noticing that it’s still powered on.The red power indicator on the lid turns off, just to come back alive after not even one second. I found several websites that suggest different things that I all tried, I have no more option.One suggested changing Multimedia Settings > Allow Sleep in Advanced Power Options, which I do not ha

:)

Andy from France, Jul 29, 2022

2. Laptop keeps restarting after going to sleep (when the lid is closed).

Hi Craig,

It's possible that your lid close action is configured to shut down your computer. To make sure your settings are properly configured, you can refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then choose Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by: option on the upper-right-part of the screen to Small icons.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • Select your power plan (e.g. High Performance), then choose Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Go to Sleep settings, then disable hybrid sleep.
    • Under Power Buttons and Lid, check if
      Sleep is chosen as action when lid is close.
    • Hit Apply and OK.

If the lid close action is set to Sleep, we suggest checking if your drivers are up-to-date. When it comes to sleep mode issues, the driver related are network, chipset, and BIOS drivers. To update your drivers, you can refer to this

link

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jul 29, 2022
  3. dangnad2 Win User
    Closing lid does not put computer to sleep

Brand new Dell XPS-13 with Windows 10 Creators Update
    My laptop does NOT go to sleep when the lid is closed.
    PLEASE NOTE the following:
    Settings>System>Power Options>"Choose what closing the lid does">"When I close the lid">Sleep
    Sleep is the option.

dangnad2, Jul 29, 2022
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

Closing lid does not put computer to sleep

Know this sounds a bit goofy, but on my Surface Pro 3, I have to use Hibernate instead. If I use Sleep with close lid, I can "peek" under the lid just enough and still see the screen on! Hibernate works, for me.

f14tomcat, Jul 29, 2022
Thema:

Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

1. Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid - Similar Threads - Wont sleep choosing

2. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid: Hello, my notebook is going to sleep, after closing the lid, even that settings are set right - to not performe any action.After that, i can wake up notebook, but the system is very slow, impossible to play games etc. I have to restart notebook with lid closed, and then...
  3. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid: Hello, my notebook is going to sleep, after closing the lid, even that settings are set right - to not performe any action.After that, i can wake up notebook, but the system is very slow, impossible to play games etc. I have to restart notebook with lid closed, and then...
  4. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid: It is terribly annoying and even dangerous: Very often, my Thinkpad T14s with Windows 10 does not go to sleep if I close the lid or explicitly tell it to by Choosing > Power > Sleep. I’m afraid it might get damaged by overheating when I put in my bag without noticing that...
  6. Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wont go to sleep when choosing Power > Sleep or closing the lid: It is terribly annoying and even dangerous: Very often, my Thinkpad T14s with Windows 10 does not go to sleep if I close the lid or explicitly tell it to by Choosing > Power > Sleep. I’m afraid it might get damaged by overheating when I put in my bag without noticing that...
  7. Laptop Not Going To Sleep After Closing Lid.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Not Going To Sleep After Closing Lid.: My Windows 10 Laptop does not turn off and is still fully functional, everything still working and going after I close the laptop lid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-going-to-sleep-after-closing-lid/57bbc0eb-9103-4c5e-953d-48f2393646c7
  8. computer not going to sleep on lid closing

computer not going to sleep on lid closing: Since update Feb 09/21 KB4601319, OS build 19041.804 and 19042.804, computer no longer enters sleep mode which is configured to happen when the lid closes. Gary...
  9. Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid

Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid: I've recently got the motherboard of my laptop changed, and after that my laptop won't go to sleep after I close the lid. I've checked "choose what closing the lid does" option and everything is fine there. Maybe the guy who repaired the laptop messed up something in BIOS...
  10. Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, hoping someone can help me here. My school issued laptop will not go to sleep when i close the "lid". It will only sleep if I click the start button and select sleep, which is fine, however; sometimes I just close it up out of habit, and when I come back...