Windows 10: Won't Let Me Activate Windows

Discus and support Won't Let Me Activate Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've had my computer for over a year. When I bought it, it had Windows 10 preinstalled. Now, out of nowhere I have an Activate Windows watermark on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JoeNickle, Feb 20, 2019.

1. JoeNickle Win User

Won't Let Me Activate Windows

I've had my computer for over a year. When I bought it, it had Windows 10 preinstalled. Now, out of nowhere I have an Activate Windows watermark on my screen. When I go to settings, activate windows I just get a screen that says detecting activation problems that runs for hours.

I have no idea how to proceed.

Thank you in advance,

Joe

:)

JoeNickle, Feb 20, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. i am using windows 8pro.but it won,t recongnise my activation code

i am using windows 8pro.but it won,t recongnise my activation code

gordonhewitt1, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Won't Let Me Activate Windows

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Won't Let Me Activate Windows

1. Won't Let Me Activate Windows - Similar Threads - Won't Let Activate

2. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  3. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  4. I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate: After purchasing I have updated it right away. I don't know why authentication won't go through. Even after resetting my PC it won't still let me have it activated....
  5. I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate

I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate: After purchasing I have updated it right away. I don't know why authentication won't go through. Even after resetting my PC it won't still let me have it activated....
  6. Not letting me activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not letting me activate windows: I recently installed windows, but I had to reinstall windows because there was something wrong in my bios, and now it says “We can’t activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading to Windows 10. Go to the store to buy...
  7. Not letting me activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not letting me activate windows: I recently installed windows, but I had to reinstall windows because there was something wrong in my bios, and now it says “We can’t activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading to Windows 10. Go to the store to buy...
  8. Not letting me activate windows

9. Not letting me activate windows.

Not letting me activate windows.: I am using a legitimate version of windows 10 pro, and i have my product key. However, when i try and enter in my product key to activate windows its says to "try again when i am connected to the internet". The error code I got was: 0x80070002...
  10. System won't let me activate Windows 10

System won't let me activate Windows 10: My laptop is an older model HP dv7-3067nr running Windows 7 and when installing Windows 10 I set it to recapture the entire hard drive, so as to do away with a Linux partition. This process wiped the hard drive, including Windows 7, and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10....