Windows 10: Won't let me add a Bluetooth device - Device add menu corrupt

Discus and support Won't let me add a Bluetooth device - Device add menu corrupt in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; See video for more details WeTransfer linkHiya, I seem to be having a problem with connecting my Earbuds to my PC including printers as well. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chiné, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Chiné Win User

Won't let me add a Bluetooth device - Device add menu corrupt

See video for more details WeTransfer linkHiya, I seem to be having a problem with connecting my Earbuds to my PC including printers as well. When I click the " Add Bluetooth or other devices " and select the Bluetooth option, it loads for a few seconds then just disappears so I can't select my device. I tried in the Control Panel, tried clicking " Add device " and it does the same thing. I have tried to find a solution on Google but, I just cannot seem to find anything. Is there anything I could do to stop it from disappearing? I have tried the following commands in the Command Prompt and d

:)

Chiné, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Cannot use bluetooth device

1 Pairing is done in Settings, Devices
    1.1 You click on Add Bluetooth or other device
    1.2 You choose Bluetooth
    1.3 If there is a pairing button on the bluetooth device itself then you press that now. You need to check the instructions for your bluetooth device to see how to do this - several automatically go into pairing mode when they switch on, others have a button that needs to be pressed for, say, 5 seconds.
    1.4 The computer detects all available bluetooth devices and you select yours from the list. If yours is not on the list then Windows could not detect it.
    1.5 It connects - pairing includes connecting
    1.6 The computer sounds a buzz in the earpiece then displays Your device is ready to go and you click on Done
    1.7 The device is shown in the devices list below the subheading Audio and it shows it as connected
    1.8 The device should also appear in Control panel, Sounds, Playback tab
    1.9 The device should also appear in Control panel, Devices & printers
    1.10 {I just paired some bluetooth earphones as I typed so I could make sure these notes were correct} You use a music player and the sound comes out of the bluetooth earphones

2 If this is not happening for you then go to Contol panel, Devices & printers
    2.1 Right-click on the device & select Remove device
    2.2 You can now try pairing from scratch again
    2.3 Several other users have reported that only removing the device with Bluetooth command line tools - BluetoothInstaller allowed them to re-pair again [see xzion's guidance below]
    2.4 Yet others reported that only the KeithM code or Bungee's guidance worked for them [see below]

3 Where is this all going wrong for you?
    [I assume we are definitely talking about bluetooth headphones/earphones. I understand that WiFi ones do also exist.]

4 Additional guidance -

Unpair a Bluetooth Device - TenForumsTutorials
    Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows - Windows Help

Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #9, xzion] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #22, KeithM] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #39, Bungee] - TenForums
    Several people registered in TenForums just to be able to thanks xzion, KeithM & Bungee. Apparently, what worked for some people did not work for others so each solution seems worth trying.

Denis

3. Cannot use bluetooth device

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ameneses54, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Won't let me add a Bluetooth device - Device add menu corrupt

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Won't let me add a Bluetooth device - Device add menu corrupt

1. Won't let me add a Bluetooth device - Device add menu corrupt - Similar Threads - Won't let add

2. Bluetooth Add a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Add a device: Hello,I need help with my computer. I am trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop which has bluetooth however when I open settings and go to bluetooth and press add a device, nothing is showing up. I tried to find fixes online. I tried to do win + a to see if it...
  3. Bluetooth Add a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Add a device: Hello,I need help with my computer. I am trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop which has bluetooth however when I open settings and go to bluetooth and press add a device, nothing is showing up. I tried to find fixes online. I tried to do win + a to see if it...
  4. Cannot add a Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add a Bluetooth device: I cannot connect to my WH1000XM$ Sony headphones to my Dell XPS laptop. Now no Bluetooth devices are seen during the add process. I've had two premium Dell support sessions but no insights were developed. In the first one, the BIOS was changed. In the second one, the defaults...
  5. Won't let me add a Bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't let me add a Bluetooth device.: Hiya, I seem to be having a problem with connecting my Earbuds to my PC. When I click the " Add Bluetooth or other device " and select the Bluetooth option, it loads for a few seconds then just disappears. I tried in the Control Panel, tried clicking " Add device " and it...
  6. Microsoft store will not let me add my device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft store will not let me add my device: I can see my Device in windows store but it keeps telling me windows is not updated.I went to control panel and installed all updates and restarted several times.MS will NOT let me add my new PC to my account. Keeps saying Windows is not updated.This is blocking me from...
  7. Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices: I'm trying to connect some Bluetooth earbuds I have with an adapter I just bought. I know for a fact the adapter works it just doesnt work on my computer. Any time I try clicking on either add device in Device and Printers tab or Add bluetooth device the box opens up for a...
  8. add bluetooth devices

add bluetooth devices: add bluetooth devices like ipods to a Acer laptop how can I do that is it possible to add a device to listen to audio apple ipods https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-bluetooth-devices/a3ac961f-d2d2-43a3-a0c8-d6ac76ef5ba5
  9. Bluetooth add devices menu does not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth add devices menu does not open: I am currently on Version 10.0.18980 Build 18980 of Windows 10. Whenever I try to open the "Add bluetooth or other device" menu within settings it does nothing. What should normally happen is a popup asking me what kind of device I want to add but Instead I end up with no...
  10. Bluetooth add or Add other device menu refuses to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth add or Add other device menu refuses to open: Yesterday on an insider version of Windows 10 I tried to sync a bluetooth device to my computer as I always have: I opened the bluetooth menu in windows and hit the add bluetooth or other device button. But it refused to open the usual menu, what would normally happen is...