Windows 10: won't let me delete stuff without administrator access even though I'm the administrator

Discus and support won't let me delete stuff without administrator access even though I'm the administrator in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; every time I want to delete something I can't, its all In the windows drive and I have moved it to were I want but it duplicated the file and now that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EthanVanderMey, Jan 11, 2020.

1. won't let me delete stuff without administrator access even though I'm the administrator

every time I want to delete something I can't, its all In the windows drive and I have moved it to were I want but it duplicated the file and now that I want to delete it I cant because it keeps telling me to get admin permission but I am the admin

:)

EthanVanderMey, Jan 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jan 11, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Jan 11, 2020
  4. won't let me delete stuff without administrator access even though I'm the administrator

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

won't let me delete stuff without administrator access even though I'm the administrator

1. won't let me delete stuff without administrator access even though I'm the administrator - Similar Threads - won't let delete

2. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  3. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  4. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant delete antivirus folder even though im the administrator.

Cant delete antivirus folder even though im the administrator.: My kid installed combo cleaner which i want OFF my computer, yet i try to delete and it says:"You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder"When i click "Skip" it does the same thingIf i click "Continue" then it says "You need permission to perform...
  6. i need to access the password for administrator but it will not let me access the...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i need to access the password for administrator but it will not let me access the...: did everything i could, still cant access. HELP??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-access-the-password-for-administrator/a3b7d58a-8cf8-4e02-96e4-ef56a059c4d5
  7. Windows won't allow me to open files that need Administrator privilages even though I'm the...

Windows won't allow me to open files that need Administrator privilages even though I'm the...: I keep getting the "windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions" pop-up every time I try to open something that need Admin privileges. If I go to properties of the file and try to change the privileges that won't work...
  8. Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator: Hello, I have this issue where I can't install some software. A dialog box appears which says "This app has been blocked for your protection." Even though my user account is adminstrator, I can't un block this software. PLease help...
  9. Cannot install a program from a disc without administrator permission even though I'm the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot install a program from a disc without administrator permission even though I'm the...: Like the question says: I'm trying to install a brand new program onto my laptop Windows 10. When I try to run the setup.exe it pops up saying I can't do it without administrator permission... I amthe administrator. So I did some digging and found out how to go in and...
  10. Can't run apps or programmes as administrator even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run apps or programmes as administrator even though I'm an administrator: I can't run any apps as administrator. I right click and press ''run as administrator'' but literally nothing happens. this happens for every app. I am on an administrative account. I can still do other administrative actions such as deleting important files and changing...