Windows 10: won't let me enter password on first startup

Discus and support won't let me enter password on first startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After pressing the start button when the fist window appears I used to click the spacebar and then I could enter my password. Not anymore since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stadtsalzburg, Nov 20, 2018.

1. won't let me enter password on first startup

After pressing the start button when the fist window appears I used to click the spacebar and then I could enter my password.

Not anymore since the last update a few days ago. Now I have to shut down , start again and then I can enter the password.

:)

stadtsalzburg, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 20, 2018
  4. won't let me enter password on first startup

Password At Startup

Hello Charles,

Providing your credentials at Windows startup is supposed to be required. If it is not prompting you, it is possible that it had been disabled. Follow the steps to enable the required password at Windows startup:

• Type netplwiz in Search.
    • Click netplwiz run command.
    • Enter your administrator credentials if prompted.
    • Check the box beside Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
    • Hit Apply.
    • Enter the credentials you will be using to sign in to your Windows 10.
    • Click OK.
    • Click OK to save the changes.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

won't let me enter password on first startup

1. won't let me enter password on first startup - Similar Threads - won't let enter

2. My PC won't let me enter my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won't let me enter my password: Everytime I try to open my laptop, I click the password button to enter it but nothing happens. It doesn't show the part to put your password in. Is there any solution to this?...
  3. My PC won't let me enter my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC won't let me enter my password: Everytime I try to open my laptop, I click the password button to enter it but nothing happens. It doesn't show the part to put your password in. Is there any solution to this?...
  4. Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.: So, yesterday when I opened my pc, I was greeted with a bitlocker key request straight after I got last the dell screen. When I hit escape for more options, one of the the options is to re install windows, and lose all my files. When I hit this option, in briefly tells me if...
  5. Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.

Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.: So, yesterday when I opened my pc, I was greeted with a bitlocker key request straight after I got last the dell screen. When I hit escape for more options, one of the the options is to re install windows, and lose all my files. When I hit this option, in briefly tells me if...
  6. Bitlocker On Startup- Won't let me reset pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Password won't let me in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password won't let me in: Because I was not able to access Windows, I changed my password again and again and again. Still no luck. This is at the Windows log -in screen when I boot up. It works with my other computers though....
  8. Password won't let me in

Password won't let me in: Because I was not able to access Windows, I changed my password again and again and again. Still no luck. This is at the Windows log -in screen when I boot up. It works with my other computers though....
  9. Password won't let me in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Picture password won't let me log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Picture password won't let me log in: I recently owned a few different laptops Lenovo Yoga L13, Lenovo Yoga 9i, etc., with which I always used the Picture password option with no issues.I just got a Dell 7420, and I can set up the Picture password just fine, however when I go to log in, it doesn't do anything. It...