Windows 10: won't let me open Settings or control panel

Discus and support won't let me open Settings or control panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, ever since i upgraded to windows 10, whenever I try to get onto control panel or settings it says "this operation has been cancelled due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rjoy, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Rjoy Win User

won't let me open Settings or control panel

Hey, ever since i upgraded to windows 10, whenever I try to get onto control panel or settings it says "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer please contact your system admin" when I am the admin and I have not put any restrictions on. PLEASE HELP .........Thanks

:)

Rjoy, Jul 2, 2016
  2. K1965P Win User

Windows 10 screen contstantly refreshing since upgrade

Mine is doing this too but it is an HP. Can't access anything or get to control panel to uninstall. Won't let me open anything

K1965P, Jul 2, 2016
  3. AeronC Win User
    Touchscreen not working after Windows 10 upgrade

I tried the suggested remedies, but the system won't let me access the control panel or Device manager. It just never opens!

AeronC, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Rjoy Win User

Hey, ever since i upgraded to windows 10, whenever I try to get onto control panel or settings it says "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer please contact your system admin" when I am the admin and I have not put any restrictions on. PLEASE HELP .........Thanks*cry

Rjoy, Jul 5, 2016
Thema:

1. won't let me open Settings or control panel - Similar Threads - won't let open

2. control panel won't open in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    control panel won't open in windows 11: I upgrade windows 10 to windows 11. I cannot open both control panel and network & internet from my desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-wont-open-in-windows-11/06e20840-431c-4629-8add-6f46def79146
  3. control panel won't open in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    control panel won't open in windows 11: I upgrade windows 10 to windows 11. I cannot open both control panel and network & internet from my desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-wont-open-in-windows-11/06e20840-431c-4629-8add-6f46def79146
  4. Control Panel will not open

Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  5. Control Panel not opening

Control Panel not opening: I recently updated my preview build to 22h22262.586 and ever since then control panel isnt opening, even if i click uninstall on a program which opens control panel isnt working. only way to open control panel is to go to "C:\Windows\System32\appwiz.cpl".PLS HELP, i dont want...
  6. Nvidia Control Panel won't open

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel won't open: Well, I am having this problem that Nvidia Control Panel won't open on my PC. I uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC was restarted, Still wont open. Tried going in through Control Panel and open it. Error comes up saying "application not found" Even after uninstalling and...
  7. My control panel and settings won't open. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My control panel and settings won't open. Need help!: My windows 10 just broke for some reason. For the past few days, i've been unable to open my Control Panel or settings. I literally cannot do anything, my network settings/wifi icon has also gone missing from my taskbar. So I can't change my wifi connection. Only reason I've...
  8. Not able to open sound settings in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to open sound settings in control panel: I recently built a new computer and I have windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.267. It lets me open the control panel but when I click on sound settings, a message appears on the screen that says "This app can't run on your PC" and under it, it says :To find a version for...
  9. NVIDIA Control Panel won't open

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Control Panel won't open: I can't get the NVIDIA Control Panel to open. I click on it through the Windows Control Panel and the cursor will spin for a few seconds, and you can see the process start and run for a few seconds in the Task Manager, then it stops. Will not open up. Tried rebooting, but no...
  10. Control Panel Won't Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Won't Open: miD5kAwI69M I upgraded this computer to Windows 10 a while ago and I have noticed that some things will close immediately or soon after you open them. Control Panel is the biggest offender of this. This is the Admin account. 75436

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wont let me open settings