Windows 10: Won't let me switch out of S mode

Discus and support Won't let me switch out of S mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After I updated my computer, it switched me back to S mode, and now when I try to get out of S mode from the Store, it brings up an error message... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by notyourcupoftea, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Won't let me switch out of S mode

After I updated my computer, it switched me back to S mode, and now when I try to get out of S mode from the Store, it brings up an error message saying "something went wrong" and to "try again later." I have already restarted my computer twice trying to solve this issue. Any help is much appreciated.

:)

notyourcupoftea, Jul 2, 2020

2. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Won't Let Me Switch Out Of S Mode

I just bought this computer with Windows 10. The first day I managed to switch out of S Mode and download other applications (Google Chrome and Firefox).

But a few days later the computer updated and when I tried to open Chrome it told me I was in S Mode and would need to switch out.

Fine. I go to the Microsoft Store and hit 'Get' and it says:

Try Again Later

Something Happened On Our End

And that's it... it refuses to do it. It's been doing this for days. I have looked up other users asking this question (and there are A LOT) but nothing has worked for me.

It's so ridiculous, this is a brand new computer and S Mode is awful. I might have to return it and get a Mac.

LeslieLondon, Jul 2, 2020
  4. timdub. Win User

Won't let me switch out of S mode

Won't Let Me Switch Out Of S Mode

Hi Leslie. I'm Tim, an independent Windows expert and user like you, and I'll be glad to help!

It sounds as if there may be an issue with the permissions on your user account as a result of the update. Short-term, I suggest creating a second temporary administrator account and then signing into that to permanently disable S Mode. After that, use that
    account to switch your normal account to a non-admin account, restart Windows, and then use the temporary account to make yours an administrator again.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any further help.

timdub., Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Won't let me switch out of S mode

1. Won't let me switch out of S mode - Similar Threads - Won't let switch

2. won't let me switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    won't let me switch out of s mode: I have been trying to switch out of S mode for about a year now and I've tried everything. The directions for switching out of S Mode FROM MICROSOFT state "On your PC running Windows 11 in S mode, open Settings > System > Activation. In the Switch to Windows 11 Pro section,...
  3. won't let me switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    won't let me switch out of s mode: I have been trying to switch out of S mode for about a year now and I've tried everything. The directions for switching out of S Mode FROM MICROSOFT state "On your PC running Windows 11 in S mode, open Settings > System > Activation. In the Switch to Windows 11 Pro section,...
  4. Why won't my laptop let me switch out of S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my laptop let me switch out of S mode?: Why won't my laptop let me switch out of S mode? I go to "switch out of S mode" in the store but it won't let me click the "Get" button. It just says "Check with your IT or system administrator." I am the only person who has ever used this laptop or my Microsoft account so I...
  5. Why won't my laptop let me switch out of S mode?

Why won't my laptop let me switch out of S mode?: Why won't my laptop let me switch out of S mode? I go to "switch out of S mode" in the store but it won't let me click the "Get" button. It just says "Check with your IT or system administrator." I am the only person who has ever used this laptop or my Microsoft account so I...
  6. Why won't my laptop let me switch out of S mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. my laptop wont let me switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop wont let me switch out of s mode: hi my laptop wont let me switch out of s mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-let-me-switch-out-of-s-mode/5898a17b-b99b-433f-8f2f-461d7972e824
  8. Doesn't let me switch out of S Mode

Doesn't let me switch out of S Mode: Hello, I have been trying to switch out of s mode for months and it still doesn't work. I go to the Microsoft Store to try to do the Switch Out Of S Mode And i click it it says enter administrator password But There isn't a password bar or username bar. I'm Stuck and clueless...
  9. store app does not let me switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    store app does not let me switch out of s mode: the store app does not let me try out of s mode I try through the setting and I search switch out of s mode and it will appear and i click the learn more but then it says that it is not found and that there is an error with the store app...
  10. Won't Let Me Switch Out Of S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Won't Let Me Switch Out Of S Mode: I just bought this computer with Windows 10. The first day I managed to switch out of S Mode and download other applications Google Chrome and Firefox. But a few days later the computer updated and when I tried to open Chrome it told me I was in S Mode and would need to...