Windows 10: Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator

Discus and support Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been searching up on the web all day to fix this and there’s only a few solutions posted. I’ve done the registry edit “%1”%*, created a new user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/taromt, May 14, 2020.

1. /u/taromt Win User

Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator

I’ve been searching up on the web all day to fix this and there’s only a few solutions posted.

I’ve done the registry edit “%1”%*, created a new user account - nothing.

Please help, thanks. Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator :)

submitted by /u/taromt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/taromt, May 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, May 14, 2020
  3. No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

Okay so today after I restarted my laptop (MSI Ge60) I left it for a while, and tried to open Word. Nothing happened. I tried to open Edge (app), it opened then closed instantly. I then tried every program/app I had, and the same thing occured. I restarted
    my laptop again and the same thing happened. I then tried opening google chrome manually, run as administrator, and it opened fine, but I can't open any other programs/apps without running as adminstrator.

What causes this, and is there a way to fix without recovery etc?

Thanks for the help,

Jack.

JackHolmes12, May 14, 2020
  4. Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator

No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the update.

Please follow the below steps for further troubleshooting.

Step 1: Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Please refer the below link to troubleshoot:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

If the issue persists, please follow the below steps.

Step 2: DISM scan.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command line tool that you can use to service a Windows image or prepare a Windows PE image. The DISM tool replaces the Package Manager (pkgmgr.exe), PEimg, and Intlcfg tools. DISM consolidates
    the functionality found in those three tools, as well as delivers new functionality to improve the experience of offline servicing.

Please follow the given steps to run a DISM scan:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command prompt.

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator

1. Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator - Similar Threads - Won’t open programs

2. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  3. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  4. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs don't open unless run as admin: So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the...
  5. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs don't open unless run as admin: So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the...
  6. No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]: hello Microsoft from yesterday I couldn't open any program without running them as an administrator I'm using "Gmail' as my account on this computer please help me I don't want to reinstall my windows 10...
  7. Program won’t run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program won’t run: Hello there Im trying to install a program called ADAMS but I faced an issue that I dont know to solve. When I press the exe extension file, a permission window pops up to me and asks me if I allow this program to make changes. The problem is that when I press Yes nothing...
  8. can't run adobe cs3 or word unless i open as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't run adobe cs3 or word unless i open as administrator: Restored my computer and now Adobe CS3, word, and a couple other programs will not open unless I open as administrator. Dragon naturally speaking won't open at all. Can someone help?...
  9. Unable to open Word, Powerpoint, Excel unless running as Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open Word, Powerpoint, Excel unless running as Administrator: Hello I have a MSI GE72 Laptop which I am unable to run Word, Excel or Powerpoint 2016 on unless I open the programmes as Administrator, I am able to load Publisher and MS Access without issue. Please help, I have reinstalled and have a licence which I am unable to use...
  10. Programs not running unless run as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not running unless run as admin: So its like worst case . From 1 year i m from this problem . And from my experience i introduce that this problem ( application not running like edge , task manager , regedit an all unless they runned as admin ) occurs because of installing applications from d drive (in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all programs wont open unless run as administrator after changing registry

2. Problem all program start only if run as administrator