Windows 10: won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!

Discus and support won't run as admin and some apps just don't open! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi there.. so I recently turned on my computer and for no apparent reason it now will not open command prompt running as admin.. it while allow me to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jacobstone3, Jan 4, 2020.

1. won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!

hi there.. so I recently turned on my computer and for no apparent reason it now will not open command prompt running as admin.. it while allow me to run command prompt but not give me administer privileges! some apps I can't even open at all including Spotify and xbox game bar! anything that involves run anything as admin just doesn't not allow me to do so and I am the only account on the computerpersonal computer I've tried to run games in this state and they load up for a few seconds then crash! I'm not sure what is going on p.s windows still shows me as the admin

:)

jacobstone3, Jan 4, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 4, 2020
  3. stefanlee Win User
    5800 Xpress, podcasting won´t open! Aaargh

So it has happened twice, that the podcasting feature simply won´t open. No probs with radio or music player, but the podcaster just blinks and nothing more. I´ve done two hard resets (wich worked) but I don´t like to have to redo EVERYTHING when it happens.

Why does my phone act this way?

/Stefan

stefanlee, Jan 4, 2020
  4. won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!

1. won't run as admin and some apps just don't open! - Similar Threads - won't run admin

2. Apps not running as admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running as admin.: i cant run apps as an administrator,it say "restriction" even tho i am the only administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-running-as-admin/78bb2e04-a624-409e-8a1f-3252a3e9f9ff
  3. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs don't open unless run as admin: So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the...
  4. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs don't open unless run as admin: So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the...
  5. Some app don't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some app don't open.: So, when I started to click Spotify on my laptop it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox or Valorant. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem...
  6. Some app don't open.

Some app don't open.: So, when I started to click Spotify on my laptop it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox or Valorant. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem...
  7. Some app don't open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin "

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin ": Hello everybody -- first of all I am sorry if my English is not very well... but I have problem with running apps. I can't run Taskmanager, msconfig, regedit using run while clicking on them, but if I use " run as admin " they will run without any problem. Also I have this...
  9. Weather apps just don't want to run

Weather apps just don't want to run: I used to use the bundled weather app. Then this stopped working, telling me that it is corrupt. No end of repair, uninstall, re-install had any effect. Switched to AccuWeather. This worked for a few months. Then it suddenly stopped working - orange window opens for a few...
  10. Admin Error When Opening Some Apps

Admin Error When Opening Some Apps: This isn't a BSOD, but I didn't see any other applicable forum. I'm getting this error whenever I open MS Edge, or their Solitaire Games. I don't understand the error msg, and I'm certainly don't know what's causing it.*cry I've attached a pic showing the error msg when I...