Windows 10: Won’t shut down because app not closing

Discus and support Won’t shut down because app not closing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this started like a week ago and I have not installed anything except safe things like games, school documents and stuff but recently every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deathwish31415, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Won’t shut down because app not closing

So this started like a week ago and I have not installed anything except safe things like games, school documents and stuff but recently every time I go to shut down my computer, it says “can’t shut down because an app is open” and it goes away after like 1 or 2 seconds so I could never figure out what that was, today however I found that the app started with N. not sure what this means but I think the second letter was p. Not sure tho, my only startup programs are malware bytes, riot vanguard, Microsoft teams, lively wallpaper and nvidia experience. Pls help

submitted by /u/Deathwish31415
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deathwish31415, Feb 24, 2021

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Feb 24, 2021
  4. tops Win User

Won’t shut down because app not closing

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Won’t shut down because app not closing

1. Won’t shut down because app not closing - Similar Threads - Won’t shut down

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  4. Computer won’t shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t shut down: Every time I shut down my computer it shuts down for a few seconds then reboots itself without me even touching it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-shut-down/984e6a20-8b94-4c5e-acec-5263339382f3
  5. Computer won’t shut down

Computer won’t shut down: Every time I shut down my computer it shuts down for a few seconds then reboots itself without me even touching it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-shut-down/984e6a20-8b94-4c5e-acec-5263339382f3
  6. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating: I have been facing this issue that whenever I hibernate my laptop from the Power Button menu in startor Alt+F4 the laptop shows Locking but when I power on my laptop the next day, I find all apps like teams and stuff closed and hence have to restart all apps in order to...
  7. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating: I have been facing this issue that whenever I hibernate my laptop from the Power Button menu in startor Alt+F4 the laptop shows Locking but when I power on my laptop the next day, I find all apps like teams and stuff closed and hence have to restart all apps in order to...
  8. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

9. App won’t close

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App won’t close: Hi so i’m trying to remove some apps i don’t use anymore and i’m trying to delete Epic Ganes Launcher by using the control panel and it won’t uninstall. When i click uninstall, epic games launcher will open and not let me uninstall. I tried doing the thing with task manager...
  10. One app needs closing on shut down

One app needs closing on shut down: Hi all, Whenever I close my laptop down, there is always one app that won't close and I have to 'force' it to close? I'm not sure if it's a generic icon, but the one that appears is a finger on a button. Where do I look to see what program this is please? (I knew XP like...