Windows 10: Won't shut-down completely ..?

Discus and support Won't shut-down completely ..? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All My HP laptop certainly won't shut-down . I have to hold the power button to do it .. ? So far I did reset the window .. but still messes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonCFL, Sep 19, 2020.

1. RonCFL Win User

Won't shut-down completely ..?

Hi All
    My HP laptop certainly won't shut-down .
    I have to hold the power button to do it .. ?

So far I did reset the window .. but still messes up

Please help ..
    Thanks

:)

RonCFL, Sep 19, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Sep 19, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Won't shut-down completely ..? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Won't shut-down completely ..? - Similar Threads - Won't shut down

2. How to resolve Win 11 won't completely shut down and won't restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve Win 11 won't completely shut down and won't restart?: After applying the most recent cumulative update to my Win 11 PC, it will no longer completely shut down and will not restart. It closes all apps and video but the lights and fan continue to run and it won't power off. I have to shut down using the power button. I ran...
  3. How to resolve Win 11 won't completely shut down and won't restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve Win 11 won't completely shut down and won't restart?: After applying the most recent cumulative update to my Win 11 PC, it will no longer completely shut down and will not restart. It closes all apps and video but the lights and fan continue to run and it won't power off. I have to shut down using the power button. I ran...
  4. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  5. Windows does not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows does not shut down completely: Windows does not shut down completely and getting the error :" The embedded controller EC did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should...
  6. Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely

Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely: I had done a clean installation of Windows 10 6 bit after all the updates had been done, i shut down the windows buy my CPU fan keeps spinning. any help will be much appreciated....
  7. My computer won't reboot and won't shut down completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't reboot and won't shut down completely: I just receive a HP 14u G6 ZBOOK laptop workstation with Windows 10 Pro 2004 operating system. Everything runs OK, but when Windows downloaded all the updates and download the 202H Windows 10 Pro update, the problems started. 1. Every time that I want to restart the...
  8. PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't shut down: Installed Windows 10 on a Lenovo M81 and when clicking on shutdown from the Start menu the screen shuts off but the machine keeps running, I have to manually power off by holding down the button. The OS is on a SSD and I just updated the BIOS. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  9. PC wont completely shut down

PC wont completely shut down: Hi, For a while now, any time I press the power butting or click Shut Down on my PC, the screen will turn of but the fans and fan lights stay on. The only way to turn it of then is to power cycle it. However, if I put the computer to sleep or hibernate, the fans and lights...
  10. computer not completely shutting down

computer not completely shutting down: Hi, I recent got a new Dell Inspiron 3670 Desktop with windows 10 Aug 30th and I have had five crashes involving hours on the phone with Dell Tech support and hours reinstalling my programs. I think I know what the problems is. When I turn off the computer the power light...