Windows 10: Won't sleep issue - Solved!

Discus and support Won't sleep issue - Solved! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For those of us that use a RealTek sound chipset on a motherboard, there is an issue when using the Line In port. If you enable this feature, this will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmikef, Jun 29, 2016.

1. jmikef Win User

Won't sleep issue - Solved!

For those of us that use a RealTek sound chipset on a motherboard, there is an issue when using the Line In port. If you enable this feature, this will prevent your PC from going to sleep.

Here is a screenshot of the port enabled, showing the stream is prevent sleep:

Won't sleep issue - Solved! [​IMG]

I disable the port, reboot, and now there is no audio stream blocking the PC from sleeping:

Won't sleep issue - Solved! [​IMG]

Hope this helps. I'm considering disabling the Realtek on my motherboard and go with a sound card.

:)

jmikef, Jun 29, 2016
  2. Robse_DK Win User

X6 Date incorrect

bkolek:

The phone does update some days, other days not. The error comes and goes, and without ways of predicting it. It does so on all X6's, so a new X6 won't help.

Leaving it on for ever solves the issue, but might spoil sleeping late in the weekends. :-D

Robse_DK, Jun 29, 2016
  3. Windows Freezes During Shutdown

Method 1 didn't solve anything. In fact, it caused an additional issue. I had my settings so that my computer would not enter sleep mode because it caused issues with my computer, but Troubleshooting changed the settings and now when my computer goes back
    to sleep, it won't wake up (mouse and keyboard don't respond, and I have to press the power button which causes it to shut off instead).

My drivers are all up to date, so Method 2 didn't do anything.

NowMonsters, Jun 29, 2016
  4. DavidE Win User

Have you tried adding a powercfg requestsoverride for the Realtek request to see if that will allow sleep ?
    That works for me in Win 7, i don't have the request in Win 10.

DavidE, Jun 29, 2016
  5. jmikef Win User
    The RequestOverride for Realtek doesn't work. Frankly, driver support for Realtek is crappy. I just got the SoundBlaster ZX and will install it this weekend. I've learned that video/audio on the motherboard is a poor solution for many folks. I have a separate video card (NVIDIA GeForce) that has performed flawlessly.

jmikef, Jun 30, 2016
  6. jmikef Win User
    Final note: seems that having Line In set to Listen will open up a process that prevents Windows from sleep - this happens even with the SB card. Easy to turn off, but a pain to have to reset every time want to use it.

jmikef, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Won't sleep issue - Solved! - Similar Threads - Won't sleep issue

2. How to solve this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve this issue: moham is the main folder but I want to change it to Mohamed, however, if I do that in the registry editor the error message will say "we can't sign into your account"...
  3. Sleep Mode Problem Solved

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode Problem Solved: I've had problems on my desktop for some time and I want to thank everyone who tried to help.The problem was that my computer wouldn't come out of sleep mode if I was away for ten minutes or more and I had to shut it down to get it back. Someone on these forums suggested...
  4. Sleep Mode Problem Solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Mode Problem Solved: I've had problems on my desktop for some time and I want to thank everyone who tried to help.The problem was that my computer wouldn't come out of sleep mode if I was away for ten minutes or more and I had to shut it down to get it back. Someone on these forums suggested...
  5. Sleep Mode Problem Solved

6. SOLVED: Android won't connect with Windows - USB issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED: Android won't connect with Windows - USB issue: After MONTHS of trying to figure this out, and hours of searching online, I finally found a simply solution: DISABLE THE FAST STARTUP OPTION in Windows. Here's where I found it. It is solution...
  7. SOLVED: Android won't connect with Windows - USB issue

SOLVED: Android won't connect with Windows - USB issue: After MONTHS of trying to figure this out, and hours of searching online, I finally found a simply solution: DISABLE THE FAST STARTUP OPTION in Windows. Here's where I found it. It is solution...
  8. Sleep Issue. Fans won't turn off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep Issue. Fans won't turn off.: New build and most current update. If I put my computer to sleep using the start menu, everything works fine, fans and lights turn off. When my computer goes to sleep due to inactivity, all the fans and lights stay on. I had this issue with my kid's computer when I built it a...
  9. PC won't fully go to sleep issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't fully go to sleep issue: So I'm having a weird issue lately where my PC won't fully go to sleep whenever I manually put it in sleep mode. What I mean by this is it that it basically gets itself stuck in the black screen state right before actually sleeping. The process of events is as follows: I...
  10. Did Win 10 solve the 8.1 issues with A PC not staying in sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did Win 10 solve the 8.1 issues with A PC not staying in sleep?: With windows 10 approaching release, wondering if it solved the issue with 8.1 where the PC would wake from a sleep state on its own? After hours of trouble shooting I gave up. any thoughts? thanks. 8576