Windows 10: Won't start up only showing black screen

Discus and support Won't start up only showing black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has decided as of this morning to not start up every time and when it does it takes over 10 minutes the majority of this time it spends with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BucklingMite437, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Won't start up only showing black screen

My laptop has decided as of this morning to not start up every time and when it does it takes over 10 minutes the majority of this time it spends with a black screen whilst the power light is on and indicating a full charge.

I have already disabled some start up programs via task manager, but only ones I've installed, not anything that came pre installed. Ive also run a virus scan with malwarebytes which found nothing.

:)

BucklingMite437, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Won't start up only showing black screen

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Won't start up only showing black screen

1. Won't start up only showing black screen - Similar Threads - Won't start showing

2. Black Screen at Start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen at Start-up: On my Windows 7 box, I get to the initial Ctrl + Alt + Del to login and then the screen goes black. My cursor works, and additonal Ctrl + Alt + Del flashes the normal screen for a fraction of a second, but no user name visible or Password box. Windows Logo, + Ctrl + Shift + B...
  3. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  4. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  5. Windows Start button not showing up + Black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Start button not showing up + Black screen: Hello! Yesterday i updated to newest Windows 10 version. Then it was it was showing black screen. So i booted to Safe mode to see what is causing the problem but wheb i did that i tried to click Windows 10 Start button and Search. It wasnt working. Today i down upgraded to...
  6. System hangs on start up, shows black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System hangs on start up, shows black screen: Hello,My laptop is not starting properly. I can see a black screen only. The keyboard also is not working. I need to press the start button for few seconds to force shut down the system. If I start it again after that the system works fine. No issue during the running of the...
  7. Black screen with on start up only after MS update

Black screen with on start up only after MS update: My desktop updated last night and now all i get is the black screen with the cursor. Ive tried all the troubleshooting tips listed already. Nothing works....
  8. Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen: After having problems with my video display driver I uninstall it. But I couldn't install a new driver in its place because they weren't compatible. Being the "smart" person I am, I restart my computer. Now I can only access advanced options and my screen is black each time...
  9. Black Screen on Start Up

Black Screen on Start Up: As I was booting my laptop up from a Windows update, I encountered a black screen with a cursor. From researching this, I gather this is a pretty common issue with the standard fix being using the task manager to restart the pc. The only issue I’ve been having with that is...
  10. black screen on start up

black screen on start up: This morning when I booted up my Windows 10 PC I got a black screen. There is a cursor on the screen and when I move the mouse the cursor moves. I can access bios and in bios it is evident the keyboard is connected. However, I cannot access any windows function. I...