Windows 10: Won't turn on

Discus and support Won't turn on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I own a Windows 10 and when I press the power on button, it turns white like normal but the computer still has a black screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ian Reid2, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Ian Reid2 Win User

Won't turn on

I own a Windows 10 and when I press the power on button, it turns white like normal but the computer still has a black screen.

:)

Ian Reid2, Mar 17, 2023

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Mar 17, 2023
  3. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Mar 17, 2023
  4. Won't turn on

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Won't turn on

1. Won't turn on - Similar Threads - Won't turn

2. Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%: Hello! I had bought my laptop a little over 2 years ago. I had been playing a game on it and it shut off in the middle of it. After tinkering with it, it will not turn on or display the light on the power key unless it is plugged in. I made sure it was at full charge and the...
  3. Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%: Hello! I had bought my laptop a little over 2 years ago. I had been playing a game on it and it shut off in the middle of it. After tinkering with it, it will not turn on or display the light on the power key unless it is plugged in. I made sure it was at full charge and the...
  4. Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. when I'm using zoom for a meetup the camera turns itself off and won't let me turn it back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I'm using zoom for a meetup the camera turns itself off and won't let me turn it back...: the camera turns itself on and off during zoom meetings it doesn't happen all the time but its becoming more frequent. It won't let me turn it back on once it starts turning itself off....
  6. when I'm using zoom for a meetup the camera turns itself off and won't let me turn it back...

when I'm using zoom for a meetup the camera turns itself off and won't let me turn it back...: the camera turns itself on and off during zoom meetings it doesn't happen all the time but its becoming more frequent. It won't let me turn it back on once it starts turning itself off....
  7. I just buy a new AC adapter but now my monitor won't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just buy a new AC adapter but now my monitor won't turn on: Hi so today I just bought a new AC adapter because my old ones is broken, when I plug the AC adapter and turn on my pc it doesn't show anything, my monitor is blacked out except my pc is turning on, the power supply is spinning, the cpu is spinning, etc, if you don't know...
  8. I just buy a new AC adapter but now my monitor won't turn on

I just buy a new AC adapter but now my monitor won't turn on: Hi so today I just bought a new AC adapter because my old ones is broken, when I plug the AC adapter and turn on my pc it doesn't show anything, my monitor is blacked out except my pc is turning on, the power supply is spinning, the cpu is spinning, etc, if you don't know...
  9. I just buy a new AC adapter but now my monitor won't turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Why Microsoft won't let me turn off my PC?

Why Microsoft won't let me turn off my PC?: Problems upon problems. I try to turn off my PC, and any of this messages pops up:I tick "Yes", and it won't let me turn off my PC.I tick "No", and it won't let me turn off my PC.I tick "Save", and it won't let me turn off my PC.I tick "Don't save", and it won't let me turn...