Windows 10: Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update

Discus and support Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Fingerprint and Pin stopped working after this past update. I was able to delete and reinstall my fingerprint and my Pin. However, when I restart... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MarkW14&10, May 22, 2020.

1. Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update

My Fingerprint and Pin stopped working after this past update. I was able to delete and reinstall my fingerprint and my Pin. However, when I restart my computer or put it to sleep it will not prompt me for either. It shows them enabled in my system, but it won't pop up. I would like to use the system that I have, as my computer isn't even two months old. Please fix.

:)

MarkW14&10, May 22, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

PIN and FingerPrint not working

There might be an issue with the configuration of your device after the update.
    For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You may also check the response of Eileen Gal on this
    thread
    . This will provide you steps on how you can create a new PIN again.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, May 22, 2020
  3. RW2017 Win User
    Update Destroyed Fingerprint and PIN Functions

Hello -

Recently did the cumulative updates on top of the Version 1607 and now the fingerprint sensor and PIN don't work. I reloaded the fingerprint driver. As for the PIN, see some talk about doing a bunch of stuff with TPM that I can't figure out.

Is there any way Microsoft could just make a fix to the updates and push that, so that I don't have to become a tech guru to get my SP4 to work again?

That would be great.

List of updates:

KB3150513

KB4015217

KB4018483

KB3150513

KB890830

KB4015438

KB4014329

KB4013429

KB2538243

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RW2017, May 22, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update

PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

We understand that you're having challenges with your finger print login option. You may be facing it due to various reasons. To start troubleshooting, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the
    finger print driverand check if the issue reoccur. Follow the steps below:

• Delete the fingerprints you've already registered.
    • Press Windows Key + R Key.
    • Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Uninstall the current driver the current diver under "Biometric devices".
    • You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update

1. Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update - Similar Threads - Wont FingerPrint Pin

2. Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint quit working after last windows update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint quit working after last windows update: I have HP Envy x360 less than 1 year old. After most recent windows update on my computer a couple days ago I now don't have the option to sign in via fingerprint like I always have. When I go to the settings I see it says "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible...
  3. Pin and Fingerprint not accepted

Pin and Fingerprint not accepted: Hello, Recently when I went to use my fingerprint to log in my computer said "something is wrong on our end" and won't let me log in. I tried my pin and I got the same response. Thankfully I was able to sign in with my password. When I tried to delete and redo my...
  4. Comcast wont load after the last Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comcast wont load after the last Update: Hello, My computer did an update for microsoft edge recently and since then my comcast will not load. I'm not sure if one has to do with the other but I NEED to get my emails. I can still get them from my phone but there are just certain things I need from my computer...
  5. Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.: A program that has always worked just fine in the past won't open now after installing the latest Windows updates.. Attached are the pop-ups that appear. Please advise! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. pin and fingerprint log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pin and fingerprint log in: I keep having to setup my fingerprint and pin. At first it says I need a pin because it can't use my fingerprint due to a change in security settings. Then it says I can't use the pin. I have reset these things repeatedly. Here is the message: "Your PIN is no...
  7. FingerPrint scaner is not working since last windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FingerPrint scaner is not working since last windows update: Hello, Since I have update my Windows 10 to the latest available updates, my Windows Hello stopped working. When I try to figure out why this is happening then I came to know that my hardware for FingerPrint reader is failed to start. I found below error in Device...
  8. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...
  9. PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update

PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update: I've seen multiple forums on this subject and I see that Microsoft locks the forum not allowing any more comments which is absolutely ridiculous. Like many many many others my laptop did an automatic Windows 10 update. After the update my fingerprint AND pin no longer...
  10. Prefer Fingerprint Reader use Password Instead of PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Prefer Fingerprint Reader use Password Instead of PIN: I just purchased a modest Toshiba laptop to replace my five year old HP laptop. Being new to W10, I am not impressed with and do not trust the use of a PIN rather than a sophisticated password. The USB reader I bought for the Toshiba is an Eikon using Authentec driver. I...