Windows 10: Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update

Discus and support Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Fingerprint and Pin stopped working after this past update. I was able to delete and reinstall my fingerprint and my Pin. However, when I restart... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MarkW14&10, May 22, 2020.

1. Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update

My Fingerprint and Pin stopped working after this past update. I was able to delete and reinstall my fingerprint and my Pin. However, when I restart my computer or put it to sleep it will not prompt me for either. It shows them enabled in my system, but it won't pop up. I would like to use the system that I have, as my computer isn't even two months old. Please fix.

:)

MarkW14&10, May 22, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

PIN and FingerPrint not working

There might be an issue with the configuration of your device after the update.
    For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You may also check the response of Eileen Gal on this
    thread
    . This will provide you steps on how you can create a new PIN again.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, May 22, 2020
  3. RW2017 Win User
    Update Destroyed Fingerprint and PIN Functions

Hello -

Recently did the cumulative updates on top of the Version 1607 and now the fingerprint sensor and PIN don't work. I reloaded the fingerprint driver. As for the PIN, see some talk about doing a bunch of stuff with TPM that I can't figure out.

Is there any way Microsoft could just make a fix to the updates and push that, so that I don't have to become a tech guru to get my SP4 to work again?

That would be great.

List of updates:

KB3150513

KB4015217

KB4018483

KB3150513

KB890830

KB4015438

KB4014329

KB4013429

KB2538243

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RW2017, May 22, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update

PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

We understand that you're having challenges with your finger print login option. You may be facing it due to various reasons. To start troubleshooting, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the
    finger print driverand check if the issue reoccur. Follow the steps below:

• Delete the fingerprints you've already registered.
    • Press Windows Key + R Key.
    • Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Uninstall the current driver the current diver under "Biometric devices".
    • You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update

1. Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update - Similar Threads - Wont FingerPrint Pin

2. Pin is required after using fingerprint?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin is required after using fingerprint?: I registered a fingerprint to login. After I added it, windows asked if I wanted to add a pin just incase i couldnt use my fingerprint.I guess if i got glue or paint on my finger i could still logon. Seemed logical. For some reason when I try to log on with the finger print...
  3. Pin is required after using fingerprint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin is required after using fingerprint?: I registered a fingerprint to login. After I added it, windows asked if I wanted to add a pin just incase i couldnt use my fingerprint.I guess if i got glue or paint on my finger i could still logon. Seemed logical. For some reason when I try to log on with the finger print...
  4. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup: Hi,Hope you are doing well.I would like to ask if you could help me with issue we are having with Windows Hello on Window 10. Fingerprint setup just gets removed after restart or after certain time passes on Laptop that uses domain accounts. It seems to be ok with local...
  5. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.: My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update. The computer won't let me set them up or amend them. Downloaded fingerprint drivers but no joy. Any suggestions how to get them back?...
  6. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.: My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update. The computer won't let me set them up or amend them. Downloaded fingerprint drivers but no joy. Any suggestions how to get them back?...
  7. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Using password instead of Pin after X fingerprint failures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Using password instead of Pin after X fingerprint failures: Hello Guys, I have the same question and want to know if there is a new update on this topic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/use-password-instead-of-pin-after-three/8e037631-9a4a-4ec7-b712-bc88020ec0a7 Is there still no password after...
  9. Comcast wont load after the last Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comcast wont load after the last Update: Hello, My computer did an update for microsoft edge recently and since then my comcast will not load. I'm not sure if one has to do with the other but I NEED to get my emails. I can still get them from my phone but there are just certain things I need from my computer...
  10. PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update: I've seen multiple forums on this subject and I see that Microsoft locks the forum not allowing any more comments which is absolutely ridiculous. Like many many many others my laptop did an automatic Windows 10 update. After the update my fingerprint AND pin no longer...