Word 2010 bug

Discus and support Word 2010 bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the most part 10 has worked flawlessy on my Toshiba laptop. I had a weird issue with Firefox eating up tons of CPU power and slowing the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Brian Berg Win User

Word 2010 bug

For the most part 10 has worked flawlessy on my Toshiba laptop.
    I had a weird issue with Firefox eating up tons of CPU power and slowing the system down, but I updated to v.40 beta and that's gone.

I do still have an issue with Word 2010. Whenever I try to work on the "Home" tab, the program defaults immediately back to the "File" tab. It works fine, but it get's might tedious having to change back over to "Home" whenever I need to make changes.

Other than that, the switch to 10 has been great!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

:)

Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015
  2. talkingtoaj Win User

Problem with "i" in Word when using Turkish onscreen keyboard

When using the onscreen keyboard in Turkish, it works fine in all programs except Word (I'm using Word 2010). In Word, the other Turkish special characters work fine except the dotted "i". When pressed, the print preview window comes up (normally Ctrl+P,
    right?)

I found an old post showing this was a problem back in Windows 8. Is it still an unsolved bug?

talkingtoaj, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Words 2010

First, please note that it's "Word," not "Words." And Word is part of Microsoft Office

Exactly how did you do the upgrade? What version of Windows did you upgrade from? What version of Microsoft Office were you running?

I can't be sure, but it sounds like you did a clean installation, not an upgrade, If so , you lost all the programs that were not part of Windows, not just Office. If so, you need to reinstall Office (and everything else) from its original media.

And by the way, "free for a certain period" means you get a free trial. If you download it, when that period is over, you need to buy it.

Ken Blake, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Brian Berg Win User

Word 2010 bug

Figured it out. "Minimize the Ribbon" got checked during the install.
    All's fine now. *Smile

Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Word 2010 bug

1. Word 2010 bug - Similar Threads - Word 2010 bug

2. Viewing a Word Doc without Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing a Word Doc without Office: How can I view and possibly print a Word Doc in Google Docs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/viewing-a-word-doc-without-office/f6a6b4ab-7b9f-4023-b4c5-666fa5da885e
  3. April 2018 update broke Chrome browser (Cryptographic Services bug)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    April 2018 update broke Chrome browser (Cryptographic Services bug): I updated to the April 2018 version of Win10 a couple months ago. It caused several issues and broke my Chrome browser completely, so I reverted back to the old version. But Microsoft forced another update on me, so I need this issue fixed somehow. All the googling I've done...
  4. Windows 10 and Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Word: Have a new computer with Windows 10 ad Office Professional Plus 2016. . Old computer had Windows 7 with Microsoft Office XP0. Daughter downloaded files from old computer and uploaded to new computer. Everything seemed to work ok except the document files. I cannot open...
  5. windows shell experience host terminated (clues about the bug - for Microsoft)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows shell experience host terminated (clues about the bug - for Microsoft): I have real a lot of reports about problems with windows shell experience host. I have a nearly new PC, and verified there is no corruption of the OS (given the state of the tools from Microsoft). I suspect this is a bug in the OS. I have perhaps a clue that may help you...
  6. recupera el archivo no deja abrir haci sea word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recupera el archivo no deja abrir haci sea word: gracias buena noche porfa me ayudan en recupera el archivo que le cambie el nombre se me perdió https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/recupera-el-archivo-no-deja-abrir-haci-sea-word/45e275a3-e69d-4da0-8312-1497536d980a
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other: The Start Menu in Windows 10 works fine on most of the systems and the number of users experiencing issues with it has dropped significantly, but it appears that some are still unable to operate the Start menu’s features properly. There’s a bug in Start Menu which makes it...
  8. Office 2010 Product key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2010 Product key not working: My old laptop died and I had to purchase a new laptop. I have a 2010 office product key but cannot get it to download. It won't even recognize the product key. What can I do?...
  9. Windows 10 Word program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Word program: All of a sudden I can longer open my Word program. I get this message on the screen: WinWord.EXE" The application was unable to start correctly. I now get an additional area that ONE.EXE cannot load. What is the problem....
  10. Help with NDIS_DRIVER bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with NDIS_DRIVER bug: Hi I received the BSOD that said "BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER' - it has happened a few times since I updated my system. I am running win 10 on a Thinkpad W540. I got hold of the minidump associated with the error, and the MSinfo event description (also below) and then also did a...