Windows 10: Word 2010 bug

Discus and support Word 2010 bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the most part 10 has worked flawlessy on my Toshiba laptop. I had a weird issue with Firefox eating up tons of CPU power and slowing the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Word 2010 bug

For the most part 10 has worked flawlessy on my Toshiba laptop.
    I had a weird issue with Firefox eating up tons of CPU power and slowing the system down, but I updated to v.40 beta and that's gone.

I do still have an issue with Word 2010. Whenever I try to work on the "Home" tab, the program defaults immediately back to the "File" tab. It works fine, but it get's might tedious having to change back over to "Home" whenever I need to make changes.

Other than that, the switch to 10 has been great!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

:)

Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015

2. Problem with "i" in Word when using Turkish onscreen keyboard

When using the onscreen keyboard in Turkish, it works fine in all programs except Word (I'm using Word 2010). In Word, the other Turkish special characters work fine except the dotted "i". When pressed, the print preview window comes up (normally Ctrl+P,
    right?)

I found an old post showing this was a problem back in Windows 8. Is it still an unsolved bug?

talkingtoaj, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Words 2010

First, please note that it's "Word," not "Words." And Word is part of Microsoft Office

Exactly how did you do the upgrade? What version of Windows did you upgrade from? What version of Microsoft Office were you running?

I can't be sure, but it sounds like you did a clean installation, not an upgrade, If so , you lost all the programs that were not part of Windows, not just Office. If so, you need to reinstall Office (and everything else) from its original media.

And by the way, "free for a certain period" means you get a free trial. If you download it, when that period is over, you need to buy it.

Ken Blake, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Word 2010 bug

Figured it out. "Minimize the Ribbon" got checked during the install.
    All's fine now. *Smile

Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Word 2010 bug

1. Word 2010 bug - Similar Threads - Word 2010 bug

2. Word Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Starter 2010: I could not repair my Word Starter in Control Panel so I deleted it believing I could reinstall. Apparently not. What can I do /install so I can open and edit documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-starter-2010/dad4273b-c382-4951-aa28-b122d15d374d
  3. Microsoft word 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft word 2010: I ran a fix me stick in my computer! Loosed my internet Explorer and my Microsoft word 2010 and my HP printer I got back my Explorer by redown loading now how do I get back my Microsoft word? If I reinstall it will I loose all of my things on it? Also How do I do it? Rich.K...
  4. change formats PDF to Word 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change formats PDF to Word 2010: I see comments on how to on newer versions, but have not on 2010.? Anyone?...… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-formats-pdf-to-word-2010/00483d0b-cd98-40e6-83b1-8c35ba236f64"
  5. Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared: I unintentionally uninstalled Windows 10 yesterday by restoring Windows 7. I immediately reinstalled Windows 10 but now my Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 shortcuts don't allow me access and say they are not installed and I can't find where I can get them back....
  6. win 10 word 2010 email as attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 word 2010 email as attachment: Hello I cannot send a word doc when I click on Save and send. I have a MS account (Outlook.com)=pr.... @Live.com, a Gmail and a Comcast account. I selected M.S. "Mail" as my default client as none of the others appear under default. I used to use WLM but they are phasing...
  7. Windows 10 and Word 2010 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Word 2010 issue: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate on my Dell Studio 1749 Laptop. I am currently running Office 2010. My issue is that when I download and try to open protected documents sent as email attachments, Word 2010 will not open them once they...
  8. Word 2010 speak selected text limit?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2010 speak selected text limit?: I often use MS Word 2010's "speak selected text" feature to help edit portions of the text I write. The highlighted text plays back fine, but sometimes it just stops after a few hundred words, even though I've highlighted more text. Is there a limitation to the amount of text...
  9. Microsoft Office 2010 prob with word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2010 prob with word: Good evening to all at W10 forum. I have office 2010 on my windows 10 desktop,ZooStorm one recently bought. Now the problem is with word when I go and type a document then go to file to save as a annoying box comes on screen asking me to click yes or what ever else in on...
  10. Cuestion apa citation word 2010 or 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Cuestion apa citation word 2010 or 2016: I want to know if word can put automatic apa citation like this. Pérez (2016) i use the reference and citation tool and it put (Pérez, 2016) 106152