Windows 10: Word 2010 bug

Discus and support Word 2010 bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the most part 10 has worked flawlessy on my Toshiba laptop. I had a weird issue with Firefox eating up tons of CPU power and slowing the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Word 2010 bug

For the most part 10 has worked flawlessy on my Toshiba laptop.
    I had a weird issue with Firefox eating up tons of CPU power and slowing the system down, but I updated to v.40 beta and that's gone.

I do still have an issue with Word 2010. Whenever I try to work on the "Home" tab, the program defaults immediately back to the "File" tab. It works fine, but it get's might tedious having to change back over to "Home" whenever I need to make changes.

Other than that, the switch to 10 has been great!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

:)

Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015

2. Problem with "i" in Word when using Turkish onscreen keyboard

When using the onscreen keyboard in Turkish, it works fine in all programs except Word (I'm using Word 2010). In Word, the other Turkish special characters work fine except the dotted "i". When pressed, the print preview window comes up (normally Ctrl+P,
    right?)

I found an old post showing this was a problem back in Windows 8. Is it still an unsolved bug?

talkingtoaj, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Words 2010

First, please note that it's "Word," not "Words." And Word is part of Microsoft Office

Exactly how did you do the upgrade? What version of Windows did you upgrade from? What version of Microsoft Office were you running?

I can't be sure, but it sounds like you did a clean installation, not an upgrade, If so , you lost all the programs that were not part of Windows, not just Office. If so, you need to reinstall Office (and everything else) from its original media.

And by the way, "free for a certain period" means you get a free trial. If you download it, when that period is over, you need to buy it.

Ken Blake, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Word 2010 bug

Figured it out. "Minimize the Ribbon" got checked during the install.
    All's fine now. *Smile

Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Word 2010 bug

1. Word 2010 bug - Similar Threads - Word 2010 bug

2. Word 2010 recent documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word 2010 recent documents: Hi,I cannot clear recent documents from Word 2010 on Start Menu. I followed instructions exactly but they are still there. If I delete them manually more come in to fill the gap. Any ideas?Thanks :...
  3. Word 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 2010: Word 2010 only prints in black. How do I get it to work as before with colors too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2010/8a9d6c5a-e526-4942-9159-3ec6d6d0e45f
  4. 2010 word

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2010 word: I am writing a personal accounts story of my life for family when I pass. I have placed it on thumb drives for each individual…all in all works fairly well. The problem I have, I am using word 2010, when I hit the review tab and choose final…so all formatting is hidden, I...
  5. Reinstalling "bad" word 2010.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling "bad" word 2010.: I have word 2010 installed on my computer. It was installed on my HP Pavillion when I purchased the computer. I have the product key. Can I get another copy to reinstall since the original stopped working....
  6. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  7. Microsoft Word Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Word Starter 2010: I have been using the Word Starter 2010 since the day I purchased this laptop. It was on laptop at purchased. Every since I updated to Windows 10, I have been locked out of it. How do I get it back...for free....
  8. In Word 2010 document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Word 2010 document: In Word 2010 I hit control A and then Control V instead of Control C and cannot find document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-word-2010-document/e9ec74b1-ceb4-4660-ab7b-9e4722982eee"
  9. Word Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Starter 2010: I could not repair my Word Starter in Control Panel so I deleted it believing I could reinstall. Apparently not. What can I do /install so I can open and edit documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-starter-2010/dad4273b-c382-4951-aa28-b122d15d374d
  10. Microsoft word 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft word 2010: I ran a fix me stick in my computer! Loosed my internet Explorer and my Microsoft word 2010 and my HP printer I got back my Explorer by redown loading now how do I get back my Microsoft word? If I reinstall it will I loose all of my things on it? Also How do I do it? Rich.K...