Windows 10: Word 2016 crashes on save/save as

Discus and support Word 2016 crashes on save/save as in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; When I do a save as or save, MS Word 2016, Version 1704 Build 8067.2157 becomes non responsive. No matter what the destination is, usually documents,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by meebers, Jun 7, 2017.

1. meebers Win User

Word 2016 crashes on save/save as

When I do a save as or save, MS Word 2016, Version 1704 Build 8067.2157 becomes non responsive. No matter what the destination is, usually documents, it just crashes. Task manager to get out of it. Searched for problem on the internet, tried most if not all of the suggestions same result. Tried the Office repair, same problem. Appreciate any suggestions.

UPDATE: Now all programs in office have the same "save to" crash.*Sleepy

:)

meebers, Jun 7, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jun 7, 2017
  3. Problem transferring Word doc

Before I purchased Microsoft Word 2016 for my new PC (with Windows 10 Home) I got on the chat line and asked if the Word 2016 program would open and allow me to edit doc's from my old PC (with Windows 10 upgrade) and was told that yes, the Word 2016 was
    backwards compatible. I purchased the Word 2016 and installed it on my new computer. I transferred a document from my old PC to a USB and opened it in the Word 2016 program. I made edits to the doc and saved it. Now every time I try to open the doc in Word
    2016, it shows up on the documents but when I try to open it I get a message saying"The Directory Name isn't valid (L:\***.doc)".

I have to insert the USB with the old document to open the one on Word 2016. It then opens the doc with the updated edits and will let me edit it again. I save it but have to go through the above to open it again even though it is showing up on Word 2016.
    How can I save this doc in Word 2016 without re-inserting the USB every time? Can I change the Directory somehow or save it to Word 2016 with out re-inserting the USB every time?

GlockBill100, Jun 7, 2017
  4. garyb0125 Win User

garyb0125, Jun 7, 2017
  5. meebers Win User
    meebers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Word 2016 crashes on save/save as - Similar Threads - Word 2016 crashes

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  4. Word 2016 not offering previous locations for 'Save As'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word 2016 not offering previous locations for 'Save As': I open a Word File. I work on a Word File. I click 'File' -> 'Save as', and I get two choices: 'Documents' or 'Desktop' see image. Nothing else - not the folder from which I'd taken the document I was working on. I used to be able to do this - like, two days ago - but now,...
  5. Why "save as" tab keeps opening on Word 2016?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why "save as" tab keeps opening on Word 2016?: Laptop: ASUS X407MA-BV002T Windows version: Windows 10 The laptop was bought last year I don't have any Add-Ins. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-save-as-tab-keeps-opening-on-word-2016/166577f7-3fa7-4def-be0b-199760e8984e
  6. Saving Word Documents

Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  7. word or note pad not being able to save/ save as.

word or note pad not being able to save/ save as.: If you are having issues with not being able to save a document, try this. Go to search bar and type in Controlled folder, go to the controlled folder access program, then to "allow an app through Controlled folder access>then to add an allowed app, go to recently blocked...
  8. "save as" in Word

"save as" in Word: Suddenly, when I do "save as", there is no list of folders to choose from to save to> What happened? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-in-word/1e3c5119-563f-4c70-9a2b-47420a7938c9"
  9. Word 2016 hangs at saving file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2016 hangs at saving file: Hello guys! I have Windows 10 build 1703 and Office 2016 x64 installed on it. When I try to save or print any Word file it hangs. When I diconnect from Internet - everything is fine. Could you please help me solving the problem? 87751
  10. Word 2016 (office 365 subscription) docx saving slow

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2016 (office 365 subscription) docx saving slow: I noticed an issue when saving Word docx files on Office 2016. It's slow, I see a progress bar at the bottom right when it saves and it takes about 30 seconds to save. Okay it's large file with a couple hundred pages and a few hundred kb in size but surely it shouldn't take...