Windows 10: word 2016 keeps blocking me from opening my docs claiming I need admin permission......any...

Discus and support word 2016 keeps blocking me from opening my docs claiming I need admin permission......any... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can anyone help identify why word 2016 keeps claiming I do not have access privileges...I am the owner/admin...please advise, thanks Rob... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert M.McKay, Mar 12, 2019.

1. word 2016 keeps blocking me from opening my docs claiming I need admin permission......any...

Can anyone help identify why word 2016 keeps claiming I do not have access privileges...I am the owner/admin...please advise, thanks Rob

:)

Robert M.McKay, Mar 12, 2019
  2. TaurArian Win User

Will Word 2003 docs be read in Word 2016?

Question: Will Word 2003 docs be read in Word 2016

Yes. Word 2016 will read Word 2003 documents.

TaurArian, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Problem transferring Word doc

Before I purchased Microsoft Word 2016 for my new PC (with Windows 10 Home) I got on the chat line and asked if the Word 2016 program would open and allow me to edit doc's from my old PC (with Windows 10 upgrade) and was told that yes, the Word 2016 was
    backwards compatible. I purchased the Word 2016 and installed it on my new computer. I transferred a document from my old PC to a USB and opened it in the Word 2016 program. I made edits to the doc and saved it. Now every time I try to open the doc in Word
    2016, it shows up on the documents but when I try to open it I get a message saying"The Directory Name isn't valid (L:\***.doc)".

I have to insert the USB with the old document to open the one on Word 2016. It then opens the doc with the updated edits and will let me edit it again. I save it but have to go through the above to open it again even though it is showing up on Word 2016.
    How can I save this doc in Word 2016 without re-inserting the USB every time? Can I change the Directory somehow or save it to Word 2016 with out re-inserting the USB every time?

GlockBill100, Mar 12, 2019
  4. shmu26 Win User

word 2016 keeps blocking me from opening my docs claiming I need admin permission......any...

OneDrive and open Word docs

Okay, so I am using the native OneDrive app for my cloud storage.
    Now let's say I am working on a Word doc, (in Office 2016, i.e., I am using the regular desktop Office suite), and I have the doc open for a couple hours straight.
    In the course of that time, I make a lot of changes, and I want those changes to sync to the cloud, so my doc will be backed up.
    So how do I do that?
    It seems like as long as the Word doc is open, OneDrive will not sync changes to the cloud, even if I hit the save button in Word.
    Am I doing something wrong?

shmu26, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

word 2016 keeps blocking me from opening my docs claiming I need admin permission......any...

1. word 2016 keeps blocking me from opening my docs claiming I need admin permission......any... - Similar Threads - word 2016 keeps

2. WORD - thousands of grid blocks show up in my WORD docs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WORD - thousands of grid blocks show up in my WORD docs.: Today, a grid is superimposed on my WORD docs. It's like a fence of 50 blocks across each row and at least 50 rows. They don't seen to affect any function in WORD except I have to look through a mesh fence to see any of my documents I'd appreciate any suggestions on...
  3. Why cant I open any Excell or Word Docs in my Outlook?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why cant I open any Excell or Word Docs in my Outlook?: Good day When trying to open any WORD or EXCELL docs in my OUTLOOK I get an error message. "Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more document because there is not enough available memory or disk space. Please please help. Its month end...
  4. I need to recover a WORD doc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to recover a WORD doc: First of all I apologize to the community. I know nothing about computers which is why I am here. I desperately need to recover word doc found in This PC, but it is not letting me open it and now it has a different icon...
  5. My Word docs keep disappearing.

My Word docs keep disappearing.: My Word docs keep disappearing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-word-docs-keep-disappearing/e611d3de-9769-4ed1-b1b5-1c79d816c41e
  6. I cant open any of my word doc files in Windows

I cant open any of my word doc files in Windows: I cant open any of my word doc files in windows? All i get is this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-of-my-word-doc-files-in-windows/828421c0-0a7e-489e-9e70-389901c7a061
  7. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  8. I am unable to open word doc or create word docs

I am unable to open word doc or create word docs: I am unable top open any Docs at all- it is like I have never had Widows 10 that is the only program I have ever had on the computer how can I fix it please? All updates and security are done...
  9. how to open this doc as word doc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  10. OneDrive and open Word docs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and open Word docs: Okay, so I am using the native OneDrive app for my cloud storage. Now let's say I am working on a Word doc, (in Office 2016, i.e., I am using the regular desktop Office suite), and I have the doc open for a couple hours straight. In the course of that time, I make a lot of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word suddenly blocking opening focs