Windows 10: word 2019 not opening

Discus and support word 2019 not opening in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I cant open word or open any documents at all, what should i do?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by IrinaOzolina1, Apr 16, 2020.

1. word 2019 not opening

I cant open word or open any documents at all, what should i do?

:)

IrinaOzolina1, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2020
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

word 2019 not opening

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

word 2019 not opening

1. word 2019 not opening - Similar Threads - word 2019 opening

2. Microsoft Word 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Word 2019: I can't get the default printer to change to my default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-2019/01bb637c-5fbd-4ac0-8d35-74dc9f84db6a
  3. Microsoft Word 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Word 2019: I can't get the default printer to change to my default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-2019/01bb637c-5fbd-4ac0-8d35-74dc9f84db6a
  4. Microsoft Word 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. word 2019 ver 2005

in Microsoft Office and 365
    word 2019 ver 2005: How do I remove the lined box in the attachment in the middle of my word doc? 157719
  6. Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document: Hi there, How do I get Word to open into a new blank document and without the Navigation pane to the left? I have looked into the Word Options windows. I do not seem to see anything related to that there. Thanks, Jeff Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.657] [img] 150470
  7. Commands in Word 2019

in Cortana
    Commands in Word 2019: I am using the voice recognition system. When I give the command to capitalise [caps WORD] it simply writes camps followed by the word NOT capitalised. I can't see why it does not work. I'd be grateful for any suggestions....
  8. Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents: I am try to help my friend correct an issue. She update her Windows 7 operating system with Windows 10 version 1803, in doing so her previous application of Microsoft Works was not useable and called me for help. Windows 10 version 1803 is now updated to Windows 10 version...
  9. Language & Word 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language & Word 2019: Ok so I got this weird problem with my language setting it is set that I have only 2 languages .. Arabic and English ! Surprisingly When I click alt-shift I got 4 languages ... French,2Arabic And English ... I have to swap between em all over! I went to keyboard and language...
  10. Microsoft Word and Excel 2019 automatically opens upon startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Word and Excel 2019 automatically opens upon startup: I have installed ms office 2019 two days ago. Now, I see that an empty word file is open when I startup my computer. Then it closes itself? Is this a virus?...