Windows 10: Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents

Discus and support Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am try to help my friend correct an issue. She update her Windows 7 operating system with Windows 10 version 1803, in doing so her previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DougDispennette, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents

I am try to help my friend correct an issue. She update her Windows 7 operating system with Windows 10 version 1803, in doing so her previous application of Microsoft Works was not useable and called me for help.

Windows 10 version 1803 is now updated to Windows 10 version 1903

We purchased Windows Word version 2019 and installed.

We also installed Microsoft Works 6-9 conversion application from Microsoft.com

We are not able to open WPS extension documents with Microsoft Word 2019.

How can we correct this issue?

Thank you,

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

DougDispennette, Sep 12, 2019
  2. marinro Win User

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Sep 12, 2019
  3. microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents

microsoft word 2003

Very ineteresing and unknown method for me. I'll apply it, many thanks!

abandone15, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents

1. Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents - Similar Threads - Word 2019 opening

2. Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.: Word will bring up with error "we are sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair now?" Clicking on repair now just allows error message to go away. How do I get Word to...
  3. Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.: Word will bring up with error "we are sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair now?" Clicking on repair now just allows error message to go away. How do I get Word to...
  4. Microsoft Word 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Word 2019: I can't get the default printer to change to my default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-2019/01bb637c-5fbd-4ac0-8d35-74dc9f84db6a
  5. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  6. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  7. Opening Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Word documents: Hi - As of yesterday evening I have been unable to open any documents either Word or PDF on my Lenovo ideapad laptop. Can anyone advise how to solve this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-word-documents/46f3303a-40c6-42bf-b342-3a6e5e41a494
  8. opening word documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening word documents: My laptop will not open current saved documents in word on desktop. A window opens and goes to reconfigure, then asks if I want to reboot. After reboot the same thing happens when I try to open a word document. This happens with all of word documents on desktop. However, word...
  9. word 2019 not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    word 2019 not opening: I cant open word or open any documents at all, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2019-not-opening/2e0ad4a6-a94c-4c5b-98b2-5a93babe80b9
  10. Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document: Hi there, How do I get Word to open into a new blank document and without the Navigation pane to the left? I have looked into the Word Options windows. I do not seem to see anything related to that there. Thanks, Jeff Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.657] [img] 150470