Windows 10: Word 365 Conditional Text to depend on Document Title. How? (w/o VBA)

Discus and support Word 365 Conditional Text to depend on Document Title. How? (w/o VBA) in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; How to have conditional text based on Document Property Title ? Different text for empty Title or NOT-empty Title On Main body of Document, ⒈ inserted... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sunny123, Aug 20, 2021.

1. sunny123 Win User

Word 365 Conditional Text to depend on Document Title. How? (w/o VBA)

How to have conditional text based on Document Property Title ? Different text for empty Title or NOT-empty Title On Main body of Document, ⒈ inserted QuickPart-DocmentProperty. ⒉ Define Bookmark DocPropTitle. ⒊Code as follows
    Code:
    {IF { REF DocPropTitle } <>"" "DocPropertyTitle will be used for FileName instead of 1st Paragraph; if NOT Ok, clear Title To Get Correct File Name in Save-As-Dialog-Box Save As Dialog Box will show 1st Paragraph. Please Add Period after First Character of Dialog-Box" } /CODE] If Statement is not recognizing Title content. It will flip to either output, if I change operator EQUAL to NOT-EQUAL. 

[trace]184092[/trace]

sunny123, Aug 20, 2021

2. Printing Word Document

Created a word document and saved it in Rich Text Format (.rtf). Will not print. Office 2007 program pops up and "suggests" I subscribe to Office 365. Just need to print or email this document....tried to convert to PDF, but is blocking my efforts.

Any suggestions??

radmed osf, Aug 20, 2021
  3. jgunning Win User
    Recovering corrupt word documents

Please explain...?

And I know this thread is abit of a spam magnet..for that I apologise.
    Unfortunately I cannot attach one of the files due to they need to remain confidential.

I have tried the following:

- Several "text" recovery programs.
    - I have tried using word to repair and open the documents
    - I have tried opening the documents in several other text browsers - ie. Notepad, wordpad etc
    - I have tried using winzip, winrar and 7zip to retreive text
    - I have tried changing options in word to attempt to open the document as a draft.
    - I have tried to use word to "insert text" from the document

All these things havent worked for me yet.. *Cry :cry:

jgunning, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Word 365 Conditional Text to depend on Document Title. How? (w/o VBA)

Recovering corrupt word documents

The one and only solution for your corrupted word documents is Kernel for Word repair software.

NehwalSaina, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Word 365 Conditional Text to depend on Document Title. How? (w/o VBA)

1. Word 365 Conditional Text to depend on Document Title. How? (w/o VBA) - Similar Threads - Word 365 Conditional

2. Conditions to need Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conditions to need Office 365: Hi there!So I have used a Samsung tablet to write and due to it not being with Windows I needed to buy Office 365 to use Microsoft Office at all.But now I want to go for a Microsoft tablet but I don't know which one won't need Office 365 so I can use Microsoft office? I know...
  3. Can't open Word Documents with MS 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Word Documents with MS 365: As of earlier this week, our MS 365 will now not let me open Word documents. When I double click on the document title and "Use Word to open" the blue wheel spins than disappears with no document appearing. Files aren't corrupted, as I can open with Office Suite free for now....
  4. Windows 10 Word 365 File Name Time Stamp Automation w/o VBA

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 Word 365 File Name Time Stamp Automation w/o VBA: This is achieved by Field-Code formula in 1st Paragraph (White Font). Word Save As will reflect this if Title is blank..... Thanks to dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com for great support! Details in . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-b9eab8e24213 184190
  5. Word 365 Title (same style as Msgbox for VBA) for Textbox? (w/o VBA)

Word 365 Title (same style as Msgbox for VBA) for Textbox? (w/o VBA): Word 365 How to have a Title (same style as Msgbox for VBA) for Textbox ? I need to display, but NOT print, Date formula in a Shape (hyperlinked to hidden text in main body of Word) with Title for this formula. If I can use VBA, I would use a Msgbox with Title. Word Textbox...
  6. Title text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title text: I have objectdock and switched themes; Default to Fluent Sky, and back. The title text is different now. How do I fix this? I'm on a insider build btw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/title-text/cad08cb9-54d1-4efc-b38a-d7aba92a73a0
  7. Saving Word Documents in 365

Saving Word Documents in 365: I have a recently re-installed Windows 10 with all Updates. 2004 (OS Build 1904-508) When deciding whether to use my Office 2010 or not, I decided to take the plunge and purchase 365 Office. Part of the reason for the re-install was that my Files and Folders were in a total...
  8. no text in titles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no text in titles: i have no text sstem configuration text and icon dissapear not this its look not have ico i reinstall win doesnt help [img] system config icon ;/ [img] 144302
  9. How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?

How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?: Hi, I probably turned this option off some time, a long, long time ago... But now would like Word to auto-suggest the first line of document text when doing "save as". Where did i put that option away? *092 130892
  10. Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.: Just purchased office 365. Had 2007/2013 previous and no problems with the following; Conditional formatting - for turning text on / off and or lines on/off - based on conditions. If I scroll the mouse / display up or down or open and close a column or choose a drop down;...