Windows 10: Word acting 'weird'

Discus and support Word acting 'weird' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A couple weeks ago I did the upgrade and had a host of problem that I eventually accepted and/or worked out. Today, however, something weird happened.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RogerPerkins1, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Word acting 'weird'

A couple weeks ago I did the upgrade and had a host of problem that I eventually accepted and/or worked out. Today, however, something weird happened. Since the update when I open Windows I'd get 2 login's. One with a picture and one without, both with my name but the picture asking for a pin and the other one asking for a password. Both opened to the same homepage. Now, when I opened Word it opened as Word (365) and showed a OneDrive autosave switch on the upper left of the screen. Since I lost a book I was writing in the upgrade this was great!

Today when I opened up I only got one login, the one with the picture asking for a pin, and Word no longer showed the (365) or the Autosave switch. The file opened up OK but I don't understand the change and, after my issues with losing files on the upgrade, I lack confidence in the program.

Any ideas?

:)

RogerPerkins1, Aug 29, 2019

2. Asus R510LN Ethernet/Wireless acting weird

Okay, it sounds like your adapter settings may need to be checked. Follow these steps:

Right click on your network icon down in the bottom corner, select Open Network and Sharing Center

Click on Change Adapter Settings on the left side

Word acting 'weird' [​IMG]

Find your wireless adapter. Yours may be called something different than mine. Right click on it, and click properties

Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click properties

Make sure your settings look like this, meaning both fields are set to obtain an address automatically.

Click OK, then close and see if this helps.

ArazelEternal, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Mouse acting weird

After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes.

I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue.

AaronBrowning, Aug 29, 2019
  4. GioXmen Win User

Word acting 'weird'

Windows PowerShell acting weird?

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly it did not work( option two looked promising) , done option two and ran the batch file as administrator in option three, did not help :/

P.S Seems like Powershell ISE does work, but the default Powershell does not. [GREEN] - works, [RED] - does not work.

GioXmen, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Word acting 'weird'

1. Word acting 'weird' - Similar Threads - Word acting 'weird'

2. Taskbar acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar acting weird: Hi,My taskbar is acting weird. I don't know how else to name my problem. So, usually when we move the mouse on top of an icon on the taskbar applications that are open it shows the window in a small box right? So my problem is when I move my mouse on top of an icon the small...
  3. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  4. Keyboard acting weird.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  5. PC acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC acting weird: Pc acting weirdMost of the time my pc works flawless but without any warning it start to act super weird and always the same things.Mousewheel stops workingSome buttons don’t work - W or D for exampleChrome tries to open a new window instead of the normal process or just a...
  6. PC acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC acting weird: Pc acting weirdMost of the time my pc works flawless but without any warning it start to act super weird and always the same things.Mousewheel stops workingSome buttons don’t work - W or D for exampleChrome tries to open a new window instead of the normal process or just a...
  7. Touchpad acts weird

Touchpad acts weird: Hi so my touchpad has been acting pretty weird after opening it a few hours ago video since i cant post hereI tried restarting and it didn't work. Can you please help me i am about to lose my mind not really but you get the pointTHANKI use Synaptics SMBus Clickpad on Windows...
  8. Word acting weird all of a sudden esp if im NOT ONLINE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word acting weird all of a sudden esp if im NOT ONLINE: USed to use Word no issues then suddenly its saying I cant save if not online, slow or no loading of new docs when i call for them, etc etc just weird .... how can I go back to the old way of using it this is causing issues and slowing my workflow down by 50 % or better...
  9. Cursor Acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor Acting weird: My cursor isint acting the same for the past month, everytime i start up my pc i cant click anything and my cursor turns into a circle. And when i click a different tab in chrome, it closes it. Anyone know how to fix?...
  10. Mouse acting weird

Mouse acting weird: After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes. I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue....