Windows 10: Word always opens empty files during startup. 4 empty Word files!

Discus and support Word always opens empty files during startup. 4 empty Word files! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Word always opens empty files during startup. 4 different empty Word files are opened every time I start up my laptop. Word is not in the Startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BernardoMitra, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Word always opens empty files during startup. 4 empty Word files!

Word always opens empty files during startup.
    4 different empty Word files are opened every time I start up my laptop.

Word is not in the Startup folder.

Help? And thank you in advance.

:)

BernardoMitra, Jun 9, 2020

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jun 9, 2020
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Jun 9, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Word always opens empty files during startup. 4 empty Word files!

microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Word always opens empty files during startup. 4 empty Word files!

1. Word always opens empty files during startup. 4 empty Word files! - Similar Threads - Word always opens

2. Empty ASD file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty ASD file: Dear all,I was working on a word document when my computer suddenly crashed. I wanted to recover my unsaved file and found it in the unsaved documents folder as an ASD file but it is empty. It literally weighs 0 bytes. Is there any other way of recovering that file? I've...
  3. Empty ASD file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty ASD file: Dear all,I was working on a word document when my computer suddenly crashed. I wanted to recover my unsaved file and found it in the unsaved documents folder as an ASD file but it is empty. It literally weighs 0 bytes. Is there any other way of recovering that file? I've...
  4. Word file not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word file not opening: I had some encrypted MS word files. I updated window 7 and after that my word file is not opening neither showing any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-file-not-opening/16dd1194-5032-40cd-a707-e2c5daece2ec
  5. Word file not opening

Word file not opening: I had some encrypted MS word files. I updated window 7 and after that my word file is not opening neither showing any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-file-not-opening/16dd1194-5032-40cd-a707-e2c5daece2ec
  6. files empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files empty: files are empty in Moto g play after error "the device has either stopped responding or is disconnected" error, when trying to transfer to Windows 10 laptop. too many files and mp4 files were too big but now they are gone?? Help get them back, pleaseMoto G Play 2021files were...
  7. files empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files empty: files are empty in Moto g play after error "the device has either stopped responding or is disconnected" error, when trying to transfer to Windows 10 laptop. too many files and mp4 files were too big but now they are gone?? Help get them back, pleaseMoto G Play 2021files were...
  8. files empty

9. Empty Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty Files on Desktop: My computer recently started a weird habit. If I save a file eg: PDF, photo, etc on the desktop, and then I cut and paste the file to another folder, an empty shell of the file remains on the desktop which is not deletable. It gives me the Item Not Found message when I try to...
  10. Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty: Hello guys , i really don't know what to do. The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for example it do shows the "recent" Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. 66036