Windows 10: Word and Excel files being blocked when downloaded from the Internet

Discus and support Word and Excel files being blocked when downloaded from the Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This same question has arisen a number of times over the past few years but seems to keep coming back. Basically, and just recently, files downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Crookesmoor, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Word and Excel files being blocked when downloaded from the Internet

This same question has arisen a number of times over the past few years but seems to keep coming back.

Basically, and just recently, files downloaded from the Internet have been blocked or regarded as unsafe. I suspect this is a result of a recent Windows 10 update.

Of course, I can unblock a file through properties.

Of course, I can make 'Downloads' a safe folder but don't wish to.

Of course, this is happening to all files, not just a particular one.

Of course, I have the latest version of Windows and have tried switching off and turning on again!

So anyone with an explanation and solution out there?

:)

Crookesmoor, Apr 19, 2021
  2. emmykiss Win User

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

I am working in Windows 10 home version 1909.
    Can not afford an upgrade.
    My Office files are old, dont know what version.
    Cant remember how I updated this laptop to Windows 10 months ago.
    PROBLEM:
    I can not open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
    I looked for my Windows old file as suggested, and it IS gone.
    Haveing a small breakdown, will step away and return in a few...ANY DIRECTIONS AND ANSWERS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!! PLEASE WRITE THEM IN STEP BY STEP FORMAT. Thankyooouuuuuuuu!

emmykiss, Apr 19, 2021
  3. ALL OF MY EXCEL & WORD DOC FILES

Hi Daniel,

We would like to know more about your concern. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are the Excel and Word documents the only files affected?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Word and Excel files being blocked when downloaded from the Internet

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

You can open old Office files with these settings | PCWorld

Maybe the steps here will let you open your old office files?

sdowney717, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Word and Excel files being blocked when downloaded from the Internet

1. Word and Excel files being blocked when downloaded from the Internet - Similar Threads - Word Excel files

2. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet: Hello Team, We have an installer which includes .exe, few .MSI files and few .ps1 files. we zip the whole contents and upload it in our company portal. customers download from there and install. we are facing the issue of .exe, .MSI and .ps1 files getting blocked when...
  3. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet: Hello Team, We have an installer which includes .exe, few .MSI files and few .ps1 files. we zip the whole contents and upload it in our company portal. customers download from there and install. we are facing the issue of .exe, .MSI and .ps1 files getting blocked when...
  4. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  6. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  7. How to block ISO files from being downloaded?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block ISO files from being downloaded?: Hi,What is the best way to block users from saving .ISO files on their local computer and network drives? We are using Applocker, Intune, SCCM, Group Policy. Which one of these can block it, and how? Thank you....
  8. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  9. Downloading Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading Word and Excel: I would like to download Word and Excel to my laptop, currently I have the basic Microsoft Office. How can I do this for free, without the added nonsense that comes with it when I go through Microsoft Store. Preferably free of course....
  10. Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows: How to: Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows How to Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows The Attachment Manager is included in Windows to help protect your PC from unsafe attachments that you might receive with an e-mail message and...