Windows 10: Word and File Explorer periodically not responding in Windows 10, Microsoft 365

Discus and support Word and File Explorer periodically not responding in Windows 10, Microsoft 365 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife's desktop is having the problem mentioned above, intermittently, when clicking on a directory in the File Explorer, or when opening a new Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ken Forbus, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Word and File Explorer periodically not responding in Windows 10, Microsoft 365

My wife's desktop is having the problem mentioned above, intermittently, when clicking on a directory in the File Explorer, or when opening a new Word file. I have already tried:

1. Repair of Office 365

2. sfc /scannow

3. chkdsk

4. Clearing quick access cache in File Explorer

None of these made any difference whatsoever. Suggestions? Thanks.

:)

Ken Forbus, Aug 22, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Word and File Explorer periodically not responding in Windows 10, Microsoft 365 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2020
  4. JackLocke Win User

Word and File Explorer periodically not responding in Windows 10, Microsoft 365

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files
    by using Excel or Word. I am using Windows 10, 64 bit and Office 365.

JackLocke, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Word and File Explorer periodically not responding in Windows 10, Microsoft 365

1. Word and File Explorer periodically not responding in Windows 10, Microsoft 365 - Similar Threads - Word File Explorer

2. File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding: I had been having trouble opening OneDrive Word and Excel files from File Explorer. A search led to this post: File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding - Microsoft Community. My solution was to repair Office, as advised by the A. User post -...
  3. Word in mICROSOFT 365

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Word in mICROSOFT 365: UNABLE TO OPEN DOCUMENTS ATTACHED TO EMAIL'; UNABLE TO FORMAT WORD DOCUMENTS WHAT IS "ONE TOUCH" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-in-microsoft-365/64255afd-0c76-43bd-9e80-7f4df7b59bcf
  4. Microsoft 365 not Responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft 365 not Responding: Good evening I recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 10 2004 version just yesterday and I have buggy issues with my Microsoft 365 I can't open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint I have to do my stuff online via OneDrive I mean what gives man this has been like this over 24...
  5. File explorer not responding with word docment

File explorer not responding with word docment: When I go to delete a word file in file explorer it freezes and says not responding however i can delete other files what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-responding-with-word-docment/a4cac504-0bbe-4ce6-b642-1c0d7a85fb5b
  6. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"
  7. Microsoft Word not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word not responding: Microsoft word tells me it is not responding, then when I wait for the program to close it just freezes for hours. I used to get regular updates from Microsoft but haven't for a very long time. Could this be the issue? It is very scary as I am an editor and although I save...
  8. File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding: When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files by using Excel or...
  9. File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding: Hi. I recently reset my laptop (ASUS ROG Series) and since then the file explorer has been giving me trouble. Either it doesn't open (if I restart the laptop then it does) but then it stops responding again or certain links won't open and my laptop also crashed once because...
  10. MS Word Query: Word 365 suddenly 'not responding' with 7 MB Word file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Word Query: Word 365 suddenly 'not responding' with 7 MB Word file: Hi, I have a large Word file (around 7 MB, 2000 pages) which I update everyday for work. I have used this file and updated it in Word without issues for many years until now. Since the last 2 weeks Word keeps going 'not responding' for a long time when I try to do anything...