Windows 10: Word and other included features not working

Discus and support Word and other included features not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I switched to Win 10 from 7, the template that contains Microsoft Word, brochures and other templates all worked fine. I had some trouble and had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mishkyn, May 25, 2016.

1. Mishkyn Win User

Word and other included features not working

When I switched to Win 10 from 7, the template that contains Microsoft Word, brochures and other templates all worked fine. I had some trouble and had to re=install Win 10 and was told all my other work would be saved.

Most of it was, but had to re-install sever things, but mainly I have no access to Word, or the brochures and other things offered. I forget what it was called, but it offered several templates to use and I don't know how to install it as it appears MS wants to sell it to me when it came with my computer.

Thanks, hope this is the right forum.

:)

Mishkyn, May 25, 2016
  2. Marby Rey Win User

microsoft edge and other features is not working after deleted winodws.old folder

Hi Rajeev,

We would like to know more information about the issue to assist you better.

• How did you delete the windows.old folder?
    • Are there any error messages?
    • Would it be possible to send us a screenshot?
    For now, we suggest that you perform SFC tool to check and repair missing or corrupted system files.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, May 25, 2016
  3. DVD and other features not working since updateing to Windows 10

Thanks but my computer will not let me get to the task manager it says the same has before only,

This file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is already installed creative a association in the default programs panel.

It seems to have taken out all my tools. This is very annoying.

Kevin 4601, May 25, 2016
  4. Word and other included features not working

Hi,

Have you looked here FREE TEMPLATES for some free templates from MS: -

Which/ what templates are you looking for?

Lottiemansion, May 25, 2016
  5. Mishkyn Win User
    Thanks for your answer. What I was looking for was a bundle of templates, one of which was Word. I previously found it as it now exists, but I have to use in through One Drive, and though I did the work to let me access my documents to use them on Word---there is a process you have to go through to allow users to access documents and files, which I performed, but still cannot access any previous documents. I will try going through the process again, but I dislike using one drive to work through. I just do not understand why they took my bundle of templates away on my second install of Win 10.

Mishkyn, May 25, 2016
  6. Hi,

When you did the first install I assume you had them on your computer? If so they could be in the windows.old folder, have a look there for them?

Lottiemansion, May 25, 2016
  7. Mishkyn Win User
    Thanks so much for trying to help me, yes, I looked all over, in every place, folder and location it could possibly be in. It is gone. They told me to "drag" my files to the One Drive system, which I did, but none of them will open, even though it says they are stored there. This entire thing has truly saddened and baffled me. They gave me a product when I purchased this computer and this system, let it remain first time installing Win 10 (from 7), then when things went bad and had to refresh (or what ever they call it---and they assured me ALL my files, folders, programs, etc would remain, they took the Microsoft bundle away that included word, brochures and a bunch of templates and programs and want me to use OneDrive which is impossible to operate.

Its help section gives me pat answers to questions I did not ask, and I have tried over and over to ask them questions such as, "How can I open my documents?" It answers things I never asked.

But thanks so much for trying, I truly appreciate it.

Mishkyn, May 28, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

An issue with buying an OEM computer is they bundle lots of programs that may or may not be needed and some may not actually be part of Windows, just are Windows-based programs. In the past many included Microsoft Works free or for a nominal cost Microsoft Works Suite which had the word processor portion replaced by a version of Word. Later on some computers came with a basic version of Microsoft Office and later computers include an offer to get Office 365 subscription. That offer may also come with Win10. Did you get a Microsoft Office or Word disc with the Win7 computer?

An issue with the reset of Win10 is that even though it saves documents it does not save the installed programs, have to do that yourself.

If you have no option for Microsoft Office you might have success with LibreOffice, can open and save in the Microsoft Office formats. It just does not have an E-Mail client equivalent to Outlook nor anything like Publisher.
    Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

Berton, May 28, 2016
  9. Mishkyn Win User
    Dear Benton,
    Thanks for your reply. Win 7 came with a set of programs that included Word, resumes, brochures, cards, etc. I did not have a disk, it was installed. When I first installed Win 10, it said everything that came with the computer along with all my documents would remain, and they did. Then I had a problem--internet connection in and out, computer turning off, etc. So I used some program that is new to 10 that repairs errors in 10 and it worked, but both Word and its other programs, and another WP program I had purchased had disappeared--luckily I had a disk for the second program.

I so appreciate you suggestion about Libre, which I will l check out, I never really liked Word anyway, just used it as backup. If the OneDrive program had worked, that would have been okay---used the way I used Word, but no matter how many times I tried their suggestions to allow me access to my documents, it never worked. I am tired of fiddling with it and have devoted enough time to it. And, as I mentioned, their "help" file is worthless when you search for answers.

Thanks again to everyone for all your time and efforts.

Never thought the repair of 10 would act differently than the install of 10, that is VERY suspicious to me. I use Chrome and Gmail so do not care about any other email programs. Thanks again for you detailed answers and suggestions.

Mishkyn, May 29, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    You're welcome. Yeah, the Upgrade works differently from the Reset install. If you get LibreOffice you might get also the Built-in Help download and install, it's on the same page. If you have a decent 'net connection watch that you don't click the Torrent choice [just underneath the big green buttons].
    LibreOffice Fresh | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

Berton, May 29, 2016
  11. Mishkyn Win User
    Thanks for going the extra mile, I appreciate the great information. Amazing how many programs/websites try to sneak things in they know very few people in their right minds would choose. I hate when I visit a site, register and all of a sudden, without my subscribing to anything, I begin to get 2-4 emails a DAY. Thanks again for your help.

Mishkyn, May 29, 2016
  12. look at this link to see if this is what you are after
    Microsoft Office Home
    There is a free and paid version
    you need option one

hTconeM9user, May 30, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Personal opinion only :
    While MS Office is preferable, under your circumstances, LibreOffice may be the correct way to go.

davidhk, May 30, 2016
  14. aftend89 Win User
    Did you try full remove of Office Applications including registry and new install?

aftend89, May 31, 2016
  15. Mishkyn Win User
    Thanks for reply, i never had office, i had word and several other templates it came with (brochures, cards, resumes etc) installed--no disk, just installed on Win 7. First time installed 10, it worked. had to restore 10 at least 7 more times, and from second time on, it has not appeared anywhere i can find it.

When i used restore, it promised EVERYTHING, that came installed on my computer would be saved for me. just another great service from Windows 10, which has crashed constantly. Had to update audio drivers recently, and that action left me with no internet connection for the 7th time. i am so sick of 10 causing problems after problems , with me having to redo all the programs--like Chrome, all my email addresses, all my malware, etc again again and again.

But thanks for trying to help. Still trying to find where the word and its templates are hiding, must be somewhere in one of my folders.

Thanks again,

Mishkyn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Word and other included features not working - Similar Threads - Word included features

2. Start menu and multiple other features not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and multiple other features not working properly: About a week ago, I found out that my Start Menu wouldn't appear anymore and I wasn't able to search for anything. At first I thought it wasn't that big of a deal so I didn't bother doing much, but after a while it's gotten annoying.I've also lost the ability to open my...
  3. Start menu and multiple other features not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu and multiple other features not working properly: About a week ago, I found out that my Start Menu wouldn't appear anymore and I wasn't able to search for anything. At first I thought it wasn't that big of a deal so I didn't bother doing much, but after a while it's gotten annoying.I've also lost the ability to open my...
  4. Start menu and multiple other features not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Word not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word not working: I open Word but keep getting error message " Word has run into an error that prevents it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result." Would you like to repair it now?I've tried to sign in, but it won't let me.Th error has not been repaired and I can not...
  6. Multitaksing Feature including Edge Tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multitaksing Feature including Edge Tabs: Hi I recent purchased a new laptop. I use MS Edge as my default browser as I like the functionality of being about to include tabs in the alt + tab task viewer toggle.However, when I select multitaksing in settings, there is not "pressing alt+tab" section, therefore I cant...
  7. Microsoft 365 Outlook/Word features not working. Problem with profile?

Microsoft 365 Outlook/Word features not working. Problem with profile?: I'm running Windows 10 and Office 365. Some odd behavior from Word and Outlook: Unable to set a default font Unable to save a signature Grammarly add-in fails Outlook/Word mail-merge doesn't work These problems are all solved if I create a new account. However, these are...
  8. Settings and other core features not working in version 1909

Settings and other core features not working in version 1909: Version 1909 Build 18363.592. I have multiple features that are not working, including project, connect to devices, search, etc. When I click the shortcuts in the notification bar nothing happens. I tried to reset the settings app to fix this, but now the settings app won't...
  9. is Word and Excel included in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is Word and Excel included in Windows 10 Home?: is Word and Excel included in Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-and-xcel/2e487580-1eb4-4f3c-af92-d43e3e83ccc0
  10. Important features in Word are not available

Important features in Word are not available: I am using Word 2016. I have a problem with some of the important features like ordinal, swash, fraction, capital spacing, slashed zero because they are not available...