Windows 10: Word and PowerPoint no longer displaying images

Discus and support Word and PowerPoint no longer displaying images in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hope somebody can help me. I have just lost 15 years of handouts in the form of Word and Powerpoints, which no longer display images when they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gvinesc, Jun 26, 2020.

1. gvinesc Win User

Word and PowerPoint no longer displaying images

I hope somebody can help me. I have just lost 15 years of handouts in the form of Word and Powerpoints, which no longer display images when they are clicked on. I can also no longer paste any image into Word, I can copy it but when I paste it I get what appears to be the print from several older handouts all jammed together as an image.

This is new and the result of upgrading to Windows 365.

I would appreciate any help.

:)

gvinesc, Jun 26, 2020
  2. katPHish Win User

Office Word and Powerpoint no longer displaying pictures correctly.

It was suggested I post to the Win10 group.

We upgraded to WIn10 and shortly after our Office 2013 quit working with images. I did a repair and still no go. I had the option to install 2019 so that is what we did. However, even there the issue occurred. Even had some other odd issues after install.

We tried steps suggested to my post in the Word/Office group, but no luck.

See the info here:

Not sure if the above will work so here it is her JIC:

Link

TIA!

katPHish, Jun 26, 2020
  3. katPHish Win User

Thanks
    GaneshGandhi1982
    . Did you review all the screen shots and info I have on my other post? There is some crazy going on.

Case 1: Usually this issue arises even due to some settings that you made to your word application.

>> I made no changes to any setting after install. So this can't be it.

Case 2: When you opt “In line with text” selection for your inserted images and still, your Word document is not showing pictures then it seems Picture Placeholders option is enabled in your Word application.

>> No. This is disable (not checked) by default.

Case 3: In some circumstances, your images don’t show up in Word document, if there exist any glitches in your Windows video driver.

>> I uninstalled and re-installed the Nvidia driver. Still same issue. All other apps and games work just fine.

I did trying messing with all sorts of formatting option and no go.

I did try all the steps you listed and in the article link you posted. And still no change.

Images in word, excel, and powerpoint are nt working.

Wordpad is fine.

All other apps and games are good to go.

Office just not working as it should any more Word and PowerPoint  no longer displaying images :(

katPHish, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

@mentions for comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint available

Source:

Brink, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Word and PowerPoint no longer displaying images - Similar Threads - Word PowerPoint longer

2. powerpoint and word not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powerpoint and word not working: PowerPoint and Word not working not able to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-and-word-not-working/7ee9107d-ec65-4ec2-ad7a-991e6d8cc4b2
  3. powerpoint and word not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powerpoint and word not working: PowerPoint and Word not working not able to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-and-word-not-working/7ee9107d-ec65-4ec2-ad7a-991e6d8cc4b2
  4. powerpoint and word not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. STOCK IMAGES ON POWERPOINT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOCK IMAGES ON POWERPOINT: help me plz i need help your stok images are horrible i searched up nude lady because my teacher told my to do a report on them but nothing showed up when was they last time you updated it 1990...
  6. STOCK IMAGES ON POWERPOINT

STOCK IMAGES ON POWERPOINT: help me plz i need help your stok images are horrible i searched up nude lady because my teacher told my to do a report on them but nothing showed up when was they last time you updated it 1990...
  7. PowerPoint, Word, etc not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerPoint, Word, etc not working: Every time I download a PowerPoint, Word Doc, etc a message pops up saying it needs repaired. I push the "Repair Now" button but it just closes the tab. How can I solve this issue?...
  8. PowerPoint, Word, etc not working

PowerPoint, Word, etc not working: Every time I download a PowerPoint, Word Doc, etc a message pops up saying it needs repaired. I push the "Repair Now" button but it just closes the tab. How can I solve this issue?...
  9. Excel, word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, word and Powerpoint: I upgraded to Windows 10 but no longer have word , excel or powerpoint. I cannot open documents without these apps. How can i get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-and-powerpoint/c83a9936-e2e5-4e77-8546-b0b543435c3f"
  10. Office Word and Powerpoint no longer displaying pictures correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office Word and Powerpoint no longer displaying pictures correctly.: It was suggested I post to the Win10 group. We upgraded to WIn10 and shortly after our Office 2013 quit working with images. I did a repair and still no go. I had the option to install 2019 so that is what we did. However, even there the issue occurred. Even had some...