Windows 10: Word auto starts at Win 10 boot

Discus and support Word auto starts at Win 10 boot in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Since the recent update of Office 365 to Microsoft 365, MS Word is opening two copies every time I boot up Win 10 (latest 1909). I looked in start up... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fireberd, Apr 25, 2020.

1. fireberd Win User

Word auto starts at Win 10 boot

Since the recent update of Office 365 to Microsoft 365, MS Word is opening two copies every time I boot up Win 10 (latest 1909). I looked in start up and nothing there. I looked at Word options and didn't see anything. ???

:)

fireberd, Apr 25, 2020
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Apr 25, 2020
  3. JOE1865 Win User
    Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Word auto starts at Win 10 boot

Auto word suggestion and swype dont function anymore

Please help guys! I updated my phone to "windows phone 8.1 new". I was happy with all the new features. The word suggestions and swype worked perfectly fine for a week but now the auto word suggestion and swype does not work anymore. Please help how can
    I measure steps for these functionalities to work again!

UtkarshSinghal92, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Word auto starts at Win 10 boot

1. Word auto starts at Win 10 boot - Similar Threads - Word auto starts

2. Win 10 Auto Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 Auto Login: I have read and followed the tutorial instructions (Windows 10 auto login with Registry) closely 4 times, and after each Restart, the screen asked for a password with 2 UserNames listed. After selecting the correct UserName, password input, computer booted. IF I change the...
  3. Auto capitalisation of some words

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto capitalisation of some words: Hello. I've had this problem now for some time. Some of the words I type will be auto-capitalized eventhough I wouldn't want them to be and I cannot turn this "feature" off. The newest addition to this problem is that today when I've typed the word "your" in the email app all...
  4. Auto Scrolling win 10

Auto Scrolling win 10: I have a brand new Lenovo Ideacentre 310s and I can not find a way to delete or, uninstall auto scrolling. I don't want it and will never use it. It is a nuisance. I have been on several forums trying to find help and have tried all the suggestions but nothing helps....
  5. win 10 auto login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 auto login: I am trying to set up auto-login on my personal computer, however when I run netplwiz like all the tutorials I can find say to do, there is no checkbox for "All users need to enter username/password"...
  6. Win 10 and Win 7 dual boot possible with only Win 10 installed to start?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 and Win 7 dual boot possible with only Win 10 installed to start?: Plan is to put them both on separate SSDs. All the tutorials I have seen assume you are starting with Windows 7 on the machine and installing Windows 10. I assume I won't have any issues, but if I do, could I take the Win 10 SSD out, install Win 7 on the new SSD, put both...
  7. Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft.: After the last windows auto update I lost my word icon at the bottom bar. If I open a word file from my desktop, the file is displayed but I get a message in the side bar that word has recovered the following files. I have tried pinning the word icon back on the bar but it...
  8. Auto backups in Word

Auto backups in Word: Is there any option to specify where the backup is created? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-backups-in-word/c70b282c-1eea-4931-b69e-5b0cd3bbb931
  9. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  10. Safety measures to start / boot / repair Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safety measures to start / boot / repair Win 10?: What safety measures could one do to start / boot / repair Win 10 (e.g. bootable USB-Stick, repair DVD / USB-Stick for Win, creating images to always get Win started (if problems)? What programs should one use? 93956