Windows 10: Word cannot display the requested font

Discus and support Word cannot display the requested font in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 / Office 365 On one of my systems, when opening files which contain a font "Sanchez", I get the following message. All the other systems are... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by essdeeay, Feb 7, 2019.

1. essdeeay Win User

Word cannot display the requested font

Windows 10 / Office 365
    On one of my systems, when opening files which contain a font "Sanchez", I get the following message. All the other systems are OK.

"There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font."

I've tried deleting normal.dot etc. and removing the printer drivers, and can confirm there are no addins. But here's the thing, if I create a document with a few words of the same font (Sanchez) and have this open, then all the other documents open fine. If I close my test document, then the other documents fail again.

Any ideas?

:)

essdeeay, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Steven Win User

Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Feb 7, 2019
  3. PoBear Win User
    Mail - Outlook cannot display the requested font

Hi

I've connected the Mail app to my Gmail account. It can access my mail without problem but when I try and open an email I get the following message

There is insufficient memory or disk space. Outlook cannot display the requested font

This only happens on the first email selected.

The email is displayed but most of the text is missing. Images are displayed and text which I am guessing does not use default values e.g. different font and possibly style.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PoBear, Feb 7, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Word cannot display the requested font - Similar Threads - Word cannot display

2. Fonts can't be displayed properly except for english words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts can't be displayed properly except for english words: You just embedded browser for display weatherother browser edge it working fineThe name call Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core which this cann't display properly!...
  3. Fonts can't be displayed properly except for english words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts can't be displayed properly except for english words: You just embedded browser for display weatherother browser edge it working fineThe name call Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core which this cann't display properly!...
  4. MS word request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS word request: Hi, I am a University Student and would like to download windows 11 using my MS 365 credentials from my school how can i do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-request/fc2bd7bf-1fd8-48d5-b259-eb24fba6dcab
  5. MS word request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS word request: Hi, I am a University Student and would like to download windows 11 using my MS 365 credentials from my school how can i do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-request/fc2bd7bf-1fd8-48d5-b259-eb24fba6dcab
  6. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  7. Font size in word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Font size in word: Word 2016 has default font size of 11 but the size in any document when opened is very large maybe 18 or more. I cant change the size on any document Any thoughts 143691
  8. "Word cannot display the requested font."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Word cannot display the requested font.": Yes, I'm opening this topic again. I'm not trying to install any fonts that didn't come with MS Office 2016. I only want to access plain old MS Office fonts that came with the package. This brand new Samsung Note 9 computer is running Windows 10.0.17134. I took it to the Best...
  9. Mail - Outlook cannot display the requested font

in Browsers and Email
    Mail - Outlook cannot display the requested font: Hi I've connected the Mail app to my Gmail account. It can access my mail without problem but when I try and open an email I get the following message There is insufficient memory or disk space. Outlook cannot display the requested font This only happens on the first...
  10. Words and Fonts are not sharp.

in Windows 10 Support
    Words and Fonts are not sharp.: After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like they where printed with a misaligned print head, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Does anyone else have this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there is insufficient memory or disk space. word cannot display the requested font windows 10

2. word cannot display the font

3. word cannot display the requested font windows 10

4. requested font cannot display,
  5. how can i fix the windows can not display the requested front