Windows 10: Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows...

Discus and support Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So this is a problem I have faced 3 times in just 1 month. The first two times it happened, I did reset my PC but I cannot keep doing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mayank311, Jan 13, 2020.

1. mayank311 Win User

Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows...

Hello,

So this is a problem I have faced 3 times in just 1 month. The first two times it happened, I did reset my PC but I cannot keep doing this every single time.

This error seems to start randomly. When I try to change font in Word or any other Office product, first I get a blank error:

Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows... 4042f4e1-4f1d-4232-8bb9-4af1d66e22af?upload=true.png

Following this, irrespective of whether I press that blank button or close the dialog box, the entire OS stops showing text attached two pictures:

Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows... 6b033fc5-974f-4858-aa84-278124c5aad4?upload=true.png

Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows... 2bfd3e56-f08a-4ed9-b24d-9528aa273550?upload=true.png

Can anyone please help me solve this? It is really frustrating to lose time resetting the laptop and installing software every so often.

Thanks!

PS. I think it is more of a Windows problem and not just Office. Hence I am posting it under Windows category.

:)

mayank311, Jan 13, 2020

2. Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

See the below screen shots for steps #2 - #5

Screen Shots

Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows... mVrRR.png

Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows... Ai5aH.png

Pimp Juice IT, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Steven Win User
    Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Jan 13, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows...

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Word crashes when changing font and subsequently text disappears in entire Windows... - Similar Threads - Word crashes changing

2. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  3. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  4. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  5. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  6. Opening Word font menu causes text to disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening Word font menu causes text to disappear: Upon clicking the Microsoft Word Font dropdown menu, the application will flicker, and thereafter moving my cursor over elements containing text causes them to go missing. [ATTACH]Given that the image above is the normal view of my screen, this is what happens after...
  7. Change default font in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default font in Word: How can I change my default font and size when I create a Word doc? Thank you! Darlene J. Brent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-in-word/784c957a-2031-42bd-a6f6-a0b1fb2a2837"
  8. How to change entire Windows 10 Font style ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change entire Windows 10 Font style ?: i just wondered how to change the font style to make font more clear ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-entire-windows-10-font-style/b6007862-e37f-4c80-a9bf-bd438b13ec6f
  9. Word Online - text disappears when highlighted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word Online - text disappears when highlighted: When I dictate through Google Read & Write, and I select the text, it disappears. It does not do this when I type and then select text. It worked fine for a week and now I can't select anything that I dictate....so frustrated!!! I can't find anything onlin eo in the help...
  10. Text fonts too big, take up entire windows. Fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Text fonts too big, take up entire windows. Fix?: Title. This has been happening since I built this pc, a few weeks ago. Please help me fix it, it really annoys me and Im not sure how I can get rid of this. 80295

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word crashes when trying other fonts

2. word 2010 crash font menu

3. change font in word and disappears

4. word crashes when changing font,
  5. word stops when changingin font