Windows 10: Word Dictation

Discus and support Word Dictation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why is is that dictation in word works when i play videos off the web but does not work when the same videos are played from an outside source like my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel Matovu, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Word Dictation

Why is is that dictation in word works when i play videos off the web but does not work when the same videos are played from an outside source like my phone. It also does not work when i dictate using my voice. I have checked, microphone is not muted, have done several checks but have not succeeded. Anything else i can try?

:)

Daniel Matovu, Jun 23, 2022

2. Dictation - Random Capitilization

Hi TFLJ,

It's possible that Dictation listens and analyzes your words in phrases or context clues. It is important to state the word clearly.

By the way, since when did this behavior start? Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your computer before this issue?

In order for us to sort this out, I suggest setting the Dictation to make all the letters in a word lowercase. Once this is enabled, try dictating again and see if it still randomly capitalizes letters or words.

If the issue persists, then it is best that you train again your PC to recognize your speech. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click Ease of Access > Speech Recognition.
    3. Under Configure your Speech Recognition experience, click the link Train your computer to better understand you option.
    4. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Voice commands to format dictated text in Word?

Okay, but the issue is not about Word - it is about the commands available for Windows 10 dictation. What commands are available to format text? Are there any commands that exist that are not present on this
    list
    ? If that list contains every possible command, then where would I submit a feature request to include formatting commands in the next reworking of Windows dictation? Again - the dictation software is the problem, not Word. It seems like you are really
    interested in shunting my problem elsewhere instead of saying "I don't know the answer"!

ReadingRedhead, Jun 23, 2022
  4. JimWynne Win User

Word Dictation

Voice dictation in Word

I don't know what you're using for dictation, but if it's the standard Microsoft Speech Recognition, you should try the

Dictate add-on for Word.

JimWynne, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Word Dictation

1. Word Dictation - Similar Threads - Word Dictation

2. How do I get dictation To stop auto Censoring Curse words.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get dictation To stop auto Censoring Curse words.: I want to get rid of the **** And be able to use curse words if I need to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-dictation-to-stop-auto-censoring/9bb79b32-eed4-4f91-b6a6-a992e9bfbe1c
  3. How do I get dictation To stop auto Censoring Curse words.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get dictation To stop auto Censoring Curse words.: I want to get rid of the **** And be able to use curse words if I need to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-dictation-to-stop-auto-censoring/9bb79b32-eed4-4f91-b6a6-a992e9bfbe1c
  4. I would like to correct common mistakes in Word in Office 365 Dictate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to correct common mistakes in Word in Office 365 Dictate: I would like to correct common mistakes in Word in Office 365 Dictate. For instance, ‘email’ is rendered by Office 365 Dictate as ‘e-mail’ with a hyphen. Hardly anyone still spells ‘e-mail’ with a hyphen.I have searched the forums and found a couple of old, locked threads on...
  5. I would like to correct common mistakes in Word in Office 365 Dictate

I would like to correct common mistakes in Word in Office 365 Dictate: I would like to correct common mistakes in Word in Office 365 Dictate. For instance, ‘email’ is rendered by Office 365 Dictate as ‘e-mail’ with a hyphen. Hardly anyone still spells ‘e-mail’ with a hyphen.I have searched the forums and found a couple of old, locked threads on...
  6. DICTATE in Word will not take commands to create capitol letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DICTATE in Word will not take commands to create capitol letters: Hi: I have seen several threads asking this question with no resolutions, clear back to 2020. I don't see an open thread now asking, and wondered if it had been resolved. Whenever I use the Dictate feature in Word, I cannot say "cap," "caps," or "uppercase" to have the next...
  7. DICTATE in Word will not take commands to create capitol letters

DICTATE in Word will not take commands to create capitol letters: Hi: I have seen several threads asking this question with no resolutions, clear back to 2020. I don't see an open thread now asking, and wondered if it had been resolved. Whenever I use the Dictate feature in Word, I cannot say "cap," "caps," or "uppercase" to have the next...
  8. Unable to access/use Dictate Options in Word app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access/use Dictate Options in Word app: Hi Everyone,I am Unable to access/use Dictate Options in Word.I have searched for help in many platforms but unable to find any solution for this problem.I am not able to find the command, to add it to the ribbon. Iam able to activate the Dictate Options by Pressing Win+H,...
  9. Unable to access/use Dictate Options in Word app

Unable to access/use Dictate Options in Word app: Hi Everyone,I am Unable to access/use Dictate Options in Word.I have searched for help in many platforms but unable to find any solution for this problem.I am not able to find the command, to add it to the ribbon. Iam able to activate the Dictate Options by Pressing Win+H,...
  10. Unable to access/use Dictate Options in Word app

in Windows 10 Customization